How to get rid of smells?

Answered!
Lizz0
Level 2
San Jose, CA

How to get rid of smells?

I often see the house rule: No cooking allowed.

I never saw a problem with curry until I cooked one day and woke to the smell of it the next morning even though there was no trace of it in the kitchen. It took another day or so to dissipate completely.

I'm assuming that a month of curry cooking would be much harder to remove, so I'm wondering if anyone has any tips for getting rid of strong smells in a hurry. I tried Ozium, but it had no effect.

I would rather learn how to deal with it than to forbid it. Besides, I love curry.

1 Best Answer
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi everyone,

Please note that this content has been archived.

You can still access if if you have the link but it won't appear when you search on the Community Center.

To ask a new question just click below:

Stephanie_0-1677152405466.png

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

View Best Answer in original post

49 Replies 49
Grace718
Level 2
Chantilly, VA

I have new guests. To my surprise they are cooking with curry and other smelly spices. How can I ask them to limit their spicy cooking. The smell at night is unbearable. 
How can I eliminate the odors after they leave?

Eileen334
Level 2
San Jose, CA

I'm very upset to find that my condo, after being rented for 30 days to guests, reeks of curry. I have scrubbed every surface area in my kitchen with simple green to no avail. Even the bathroom stinks.I have new guests arriving in 2 days. What do I do? I can't stand the smell!

**[Content removed inline with the Community Center Guidelines] - Please note that our Nondiscrimination Policy doesn’t allow for discrimination based on race, ethnicity, national origin, religious affiliation, disability, gender or sex. 

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

White vinegar on a saucer helps absorbs smells as does onions.

Have a scan online to see if there's any quick clean living solutions and also here in CC using related keywords to see what others have suggested as preventative measures and cures

@Lizz0 @Eileen334 @Grace718 @Monique727 @Michelle1709

@Mark116 

Cindy1114
Level 1
Scranton, PA

I would like to know how to word that as well. I opened all the windows, turned on all the fans, wiped off all the surfaces with Mr. clean, and ran an air purifier for two days. I’d like to know how to word this so I don’t have to do all this again

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi everyone,

Please note that this content has been archived.

You can still access if if you have the link but it won't appear when you search on the Community Center.

To ask a new question just click below:

Stephanie_0-1677152405466.png

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen