How to refund a guest after 30 days?

Wendy-and-Ross0
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

How to refund a guest after 30 days?

Hello

We had a guest from November 2015 who booked for 3 nights but cancelled on the day of arrival due to wifi not working. 
The payment still went through as part of a bulk payout to our Airbnb account. She e-mailed today for a refund. 
How do we refund her now that it's past 30 days? 

Thank you!!! 

Wendy & Ross

3 Replies 3
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Wendy-and-Ross0,

Usually Airbnb handles refunds when a guest cancels but you can still offer reimbursement after the fact.  I would check to make sure that Airbnb did not already refund them.

You can use the Resolution Center even after 30 days.

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/General-Hosting/The-Resolution-Center-A-How-To-Guide-Request-or-Offe...

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Hi Dave & Deb

Thanks very much for the answer and link!

The guest that is requesting a refund is not on the drop down list. the list goes back as far as 8th December and our guest was booked the 24 Novemeber.

When I click her confirmation code it is the only entry in our entire transaction history that reads 'This reservation is not active.'

Struggling to see what I can do..

Regards

Wendy & Ross

How about contacting Airbnb as they may have already refunded this guest as they may have complained to them and they might have refunded them fully.

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host