I didn't pre-aprove

Ram6
Level 1
San José del Cabo, Mexico

I didn't pre-aprove

Hi, I'm new to Airbnb, and I have hosted 3 times, and always asked if I accept or decline, and then the pre-approval appears, but now I was not asked and it says that I have a host coming in 3 days but I'm unable to host him, and I don't want that the cancellation make a history or have a repercussion to the host...???

2 Replies 2
Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Ram6

You have Instant Book on.

It's best you turn it off in your settings.

Sounds like you haven't really familiarized yourself with the site section for hosts yet, so best if you snooze your listing before you know your way around the site and settings.

There are many posts in this community that will also help you learn about how the system works if you take the time to go back in time.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

If you have someone coming in three days that you are unable to accomodate you need to contact them and BNB straightaway so they have time to try and find alternative arrangements at this busy time of year.

Contact BNB explain what has happened and see if they can help your guest find an alternative - which will be difficult at New Year.

If there has been a technical glitch BNB maybe flexible if not they will penalise you financially, the dates will be blocked from your calendar etc (see cancellation policy).