I Airbnb my boat, but Im now moving to a new marina. Will I have to start fresh with a new listing?

Ross38
Level 1
Bourton-on-the-Water, United Kingdom

I Airbnb my boat, but Im now moving to a new marina. Will I have to start fresh with a new listing?

I rent out my boat on Airbnb, it has been very popular and I have ammassed some great reviews! However, the current marina do not like my using Aibnb, so I am moving to a new (and far superior) marina.

My question is, as its the same boat being used, do I need to re-list? I dont want to lose my reviews and good stats after working so hard for them. 

Thanks community

Ross

1 Reply 1
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Ross38

No - in my opinion you just need to update your listing to reflect the new surroundings. Think of it like this - your accommodation is not changing, but you are getting upgraded landscaping (if you were a house). Let your future guests know that this is happening - post lots of new pics about the new facilities/views/marina. If it is a great upgrade and in roughly the same location then you should find your guests are more than happy to stay with you.

The only time I think you would have to relist (and you would still retain the old reviews under your profile anyway) is if it was in such a completely different location that it was miles and miles away from where you advertised. Sounds like it is in the same location????