I cannot easily link my whole house listing to my individual room listings.

Answered!
Joshua147
Level 2
Treasure Beach, Jamaica

I cannot easily link my whole house listing to my individual room listings.

I have a four listings- one for the whole house and three more for indiviual room listings. Guests often go on the house listing and want to book a single room, which would block the entire house. After contacting airbnb I was told to put a notice in caps in the Summary section of the whole house  which says to please click my profile pic in the "Hostin with .." section and it would lead to a profile page with the linked room listings. This seemed unwieldy and weird ( and also ate a lot of space in the Summary section ) but I did it. It seemed to work when I was logged in but when I logged out and checked the listing as a potential guest clicking that profile pic led to the same profile page but WITHOUT the linked room listings, so it was a useless exercise. I have been dealing with airbnb some time now about this, and still am, but am wondering if any of you have any suggestions. I want potential guests to be easily able to go to the linked room listings while on the listing for the whole house. Thanks.

1 Best Answer
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hello @Joshua147 ,

A profile page does indeed not show the listings if a guest is not logged in.

But if the guest found your whole house listing, they probably are logged in or going to log in, so should not be a big issue.

But the whole house listing also says: private room, which is not correct ! You should change this in "whole house".

BTW This one shows allways the listings: https://www.airbnb.nl/users/156199663/listings

(it's a nice one for external linking, you can also upload a cover photo.)

Best regards, Emiel

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Emiel1
Level 10

Hello @Joshua147 ,

A profile page does indeed not show the listings if a guest is not logged in.

But if the guest found your whole house listing, they probably are logged in or going to log in, so should not be a big issue.

But the whole house listing also says: private room, which is not correct ! You should change this in "whole house".

BTW This one shows allways the listings: https://www.airbnb.nl/users/156199663/listings

(it's a nice one for external linking, you can also upload a cover photo.)

Best regards, Emiel

Emiel1
Level 10

Added: replace ".nl" in the link with your own airbnb".extension"  (or use  ".com")

Joshua147
Level 2
Treasure Beach, Jamaica

Thanks Emiel. That was helpful. I only wish it were easier for guests to navigate from the house listing to the rooms listings.

Joshua