I'm 100% sure that something is not right with my account !!!

Florencia0
Level 6
Buenos Aires, Argentina

I'm 100% sure that something is not right with my account !!!

I'm desperate with this issue.  Airbnb is more than half of my income and I can't live without it. 

I used to have 20 to 30 upcoming reservations but now I only have (1 on each of my 2 listings). Statistics and "call to action" are telling me that something is not working in my account.

I have checked similar listings around and everyone else is having a healthy occupation for August which also happens to be high season here.

I have IB on, I am a SH, I have two of the most reviewed listing in my city that has at least 10k listings, I have dropped my prices 20%, I have changed my cancellation policy from Strict to Moderate and still nothing.

When I made a random search for say 2 weeks in the middle of August like say 8 to 22 the results are impossible to understand.

If I narrow results by fitering with Entire Place, my neighborhood (Recoleta), Supehosts, and price range (below 60usd) ... I only find 10 listings and mine one of them!!! Just 10 listings.. Something is wrong with my account.

I have called Airbnb and they are telling me that nothing is wrong but it can't be. Numbers and statictics don't fit. I'm pretty sure that people are able to find my listing but I'm sure that for some technical reason people are not able to book with me. 20/30 upcoming reservations to only 1 in high season is a number that can't be explained with the bad luck argument.

3 Replies 3
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

I can not say why you are not getting bookings, had a look and the only thing that came to mind was your minimum stay but I assume that has not been a factor in the past.

Do you use other bookings systems?, would seem to be good insurance when the income is so important.

David
Florencia0
Level 6
Buenos Aires, Argentina

Thanks @David. 

My minimum stay is 3 nights. That will only explain why I don't have 2 night stays or less but how about all the rest!

Unfortunately for me, none of the VR sites have a good market share in my area. For vacation rentals Airbnb is all that I have. 

I cohost other apartment here and today I welcomed someone that told me, she has booked through Homeaway because she was tired of getting "dates are not available" when trying to book through Airbnb. Even dates were available in the calendar, the system rejects her attempts to book. If I joined this incident with my drop of "20 to 1" upcoming reservations I must say that I believe there is a technical issue in Airbnb. Probably not with all the accounts but at less with some.

I have seen another thread where the system showed initial availability but when you went to the next step there was none, obviously after a while potential guests give up and go elsewhere.

David