I want to book but ALL dates grey on ALL properties

Pete54
Level 1
Christchurch, New Zealand

I want to book but ALL dates grey on ALL properties

So I've been trying for hours now to book a room with airbnb. I have used website and app, same results.

I'm verified, given my info, my picture, my payment details, all that bull, but now when I try to contact ANY host about ANY property I cannot select check in and check out dates. They are all forever grey, all year, every property, every host. And so I cannot contact anyone about any property.

So very very annoying. I would happily give up using airbnb if I had other affordable options.

Any help appreciated. Thanks. Pete 

*FIXED* Turns out it just happens that the first 3-4 properties I tried are all either fully booked or blocked out and have 0 days available in the next year (weird that they show up at all, thanks airbnb for not displaying this clearly and wasting several hours) next few properties I tried have limited dates available. 

(Coming across a huge number of properties now with 0 available dates over next year. Why do they show up at all if there are 0 available days?? What a waste of users time...)

2 Replies 2
Joanne-Flynn0
Level 9
Phoenicia, NY

Hi

when you do your search you should be able to enter the dates up front and should only see the properties that are available.  

Also check your filters because sometimes Airbnb automatically turns on "instant book" as a filter.  If you uncheck this you should see more properties.  

Ric11
Level 4
Salford, United Kingdom

As @Joanne-Flynn0 says, you should be able to put your dates in and it will only show those that are actually available. 

I do however agree that a property that has completely no days available at all shouldn't show up.