I want to change my reservation to another one, but the website doesn't let me to do

Anna571
Level 2
Berlin, Germany

I want to change my reservation to another one, but the website doesn't let me to do

Screen Shot 2017-03-23 at 21.16.21.pngI want to change my reservation to another one, but the website doesn't let me to do so and the only way to do this for now is to cancel reservation and to lose money that Arbnb keeps, but this is stupid because i'm going to book another listing that is even more expensive and they will charge again. This seems imposible to contact Arbnb and get the answer from them. All this situations feels kinda weird and makes me don't trust to this platform.

It's also funny because on the screenshot you can see the option "change listing" but in fact it just doesn't work- it gives you to change only dates and number of guests, what i also tryed, but if in the reservation the max number of guests is 4 you can't choose 6 it just doesn't let you to do so. 

4 Replies 4
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

Change "listing" relates to changing to another listing the same host has - not to another listing by another host.  And if the max you are able to select is 4, that means that listing only accommodates a maximum of 4 people.  You will want to look for a listing that accommodates 6 if you have a party that large.

Yes, i got this point, and that's why i wrote that it's incorrect to write on a button screen of which i added that you can change listing, you canonly change conditions of the listing... What is really confuses me as a guest that there is no chance to change the listing without loosing Service Fee, it seems very unfair in such type of situation, because in this case Airbnb charges you twice. 

You are not moving from one room in a hotel to another. You are trying to move from one host to another and they are not related. Consider the impact on the host and that's why you will lose your fee and possibly get hit by the cancelation policy. 

You consider this situation from the position of the host. I can guess that earnnings from the website is a big part of your income but even in this case your comment sounds really stupid. Moving from one room to another in a hotel- the EASIEST thing!  and you won't be twice charged for that. Host can choose cancelation policy and it's not refund from him is a problem, but what i've been talking here about is why Airbnb wants to charge me twice when i only want to change reservations inside one platform.