If a guest extends by a day and offers to pay cash, does AirBnB frown upon that?

Answered!
Jiw0
Level 10
Chiang Mai, Thailand

If a guest extends by a day and offers to pay cash, does AirBnB frown upon that?

Suppose a guest is booked for 4 days, and the day after that is available and the guests ask if they can check out a day later and just offer to pay cash, holding it right in front of me actually.   How much of a no-no is it at that point to just say 'yes' to the guest and block the day?

I like saying 'yes' to guests when at all possible, as opposed to forcing him back on the site to process a change.

I'm not personally looking to get out of any fees, I think the fees are very reasonable and  I would actually prefer it if the guest did a booking change request.   But.. as in the above case, it does happen where it's just easier to just say 'sure, thank you very much.' and be done with it.

1 Best Answer
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

What if he stays beyond the extra day ? Then you have no support from airbnb as according to their files, the guest has checked-out.  

Simply make the change for your guest - then the only thing they have to do is press the accept button.  

View Best Answer in original post

15 Replies 15
Rick-Perreault-and-Chery0
Level 2
Old Orchard Beach, ME

I'm always suspicious of the  "can't I just pay cash when I get there?" request. For one, my husband (handles check in) wouldn't want to deal with the money directly. That's the best part of the site and worth their cut. Also, what if you hold it and doesn't show or tries to short you, now you lost out on another customer. I just say all payments through the site. If you need to do installments, ask the site. PS: buy insurance.