If you are looking to host parties: My Experience

Jaime81
Level 1
San Antonio, TX

If you are looking to host parties: My Experience

I currently hosted a PROM after party at my AirBnB. I was very apprehensive to take this one on, but I asked all the right questions and overall, I felt it was a success. Yes, there is a potential for drunk teens to act foolish and maybe trash the house altogether, but I post on my AirBnB that there is surveillance in the home that includes audio/video. I felt this created a bit of a deterrent for misbehavior, but it's not 100% fool proof. It was only 1 night, and I came back to a house that had trash everywhere...it was easily vacuumed and swept/mopped, but I came across some interesting surprises: vomit on the AirBnB bedroom carpet, food in the washer (from the teens trying to clean the sheets that had additional vomit), open ketchup packets on the carpet from eating McDonald’s, and more little food particles in the bathroom tub. Luckily nothing was broken or stolen from the home. It was naturally a party, so you have to be very tolerant and not leave out anything fragile or expensive. Surfaces were easily cleaned with “Lysol Wipes” and carpet was spot cleaned with “Tuff Stuff.” The cleaning was a pain because of all the trash left behind, surprises, and linen. I was able to accommodate 10 guests with 1 Queen Bed, 1 Twin Bed, 3 air mattresses and the couch. In essence, if you ever thinking of hosting parties or events and people are also staying over, you may want to ask as many questions as possible about the number staying over and make the AirBnB a “shared living space,” so they know it is possible you will be in the home and they won’t have a “When the cats away, the mice will play,” type of mentality. Try to stick around or pop your head in from time to time… could be a rather large taking so be sure you charge adequate cleaning fees because the standard $25 cleaning fee that AirBnB regulates is not enough for the calm after the storm.  

3 Replies 3

Wow, you are super trusting.  Airbnb requires a guest to be at least 18, so at least ONE, hopefully the booking guest, was 18.  All the other minors are incapable of entering into a contract of any kind. I wouldn't be able to commit to this but I'm glad it worked out okay for you.  

Heyy are you renting your air bnb out for. Partie?

Colleen47
Level 10
Frisco, CO

We also allow gatherings and celebrations in our home. We want people to have fun and enjoy their surroundings. We have hosted bachelor and bachelorette parties. Family reunions, New Years eve celebrations, and more. Essentially we charge a cleaning fee to scrub that floor and disgard waste more than the average Airbnb. So far so good, and I feel like when I'm flexible with them , it will come back. I've been fortunate to have guests who admit to wrong doing and always pay for damaged Items. Additionally, we have made most of our furniture ourselves, and this means sturdy, easy to clean or fix.