If you deactivate a listing, can you reactivate it?

Answered!
Ann10
Level 10
New York, NY

If you deactivate a listing, can you reactivate it?

A customer service rep in the Philippines told me that you could deactive a listing and then reactive it. That doesn't sound right to me, however my nephew told me to go ahead and deactive a Face Book account and he promised me I could reactive it. However, I still don't believe that CS guy was right. I also looked in the help center. It didn't say it's deactivated forever, but sounded pretty final. Anyone know? Thank you! 🙂

1 Best Answer
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hello @Ann10 ,

No, you can turn it back on (activate) only when it is snoozed or unlisted. If you deactivate (think: "delete") it can not be activated again. If you choose deactivate it gives you a warning that it can not be reversed, also the option to give a reason why you want to deactivate. That's what i found HERE in the community.

Hope this helps, Emiel

View Best Answer in original post

9 Replies 9
Emiel1
Level 10

@Ann10 ,

You can deactivate (or snooze) the listing:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/476/how-do-i-snooze-or-deactivate-my-listing

and you can activate it again (but position in search results can be lower):

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/883/how-do-i-activate-my-listing

best regards, Emiel

@Emiel1-So this means if you deactivate you listing you can never turn it back on, right? I guess permanently means forever. I'm just confused cuz that guy told me it wasn't forever. Ugh!

Permanently deactivate your listing

To permanently deactivate your listing:

1. Go to Your listings on airbnb.com and select a listing
  2. Click Manage listing
  3. Under Listing status, click Deactivate listing
  4. Follow the instructions to deactivate your listing
Emiel1
Level 10

Hello @Ann10 ,

No, you can turn it back on (activate) only when it is snoozed or unlisted. If you deactivate (think: "delete") it can not be activated again. If you choose deactivate it gives you a warning that it can not be reversed, also the option to give a reason why you want to deactivate. That's what i found HERE in the community.

Hope this helps, Emiel

Thank you! Sorry for being so dumb! 🙂

Hi ladies, i just want to add that i have deactivated my account as a host and i got an email from airbnb saying i could reactivate it, all i needed to do was to click on contact us button, but that doesnt work! leads you to nowhere, i cannot even log in and there isnt a way of contacting them, so i find it ridiculous that they send an email telling you can contact them, which its impossible! So annoying.. im sticking with booking.com and not going to create a new account again and upload all the info again and waiste more time with this.
All the best to all ; )

Kerri48
Level 2
Andalusia, Spain

I unlisted my place and now it shows up to Relist with a button so that seems easy enough.

Alga0
Level 1
Special Region of Yogyakarta, Indonesia

i have a problem not on purpose delet my experience. anybody knows how can i use my experience again ??

Pacita2
Level 1
Alameda, CA

I had deactivated my listing ....and now want to reactivate it and want to have my prior reviews to show up.

But from this thread, it sounds like once it's deactivated, everything is gone. Meaning I have to start all over again? Seems that there should be a way to give previous hosts a chance to revive their listing(s) and retrieve their ratings. 

I know snoozing or unlisting might have been a better way to hide the listing temporarily, but it wasn't quite clear to me that this was totally different from deactivating which literally should probably have been identified as deleting completely.

Disappointed....

The other short rental site just sent me an email to reactivate my listing.....and that sounds more attractive than starting all over again.

My Host, McGrath Agency Central Coast, taken my listing off airbnb without my consent and now have lost all my 5star reviews. Any idea how can I retrieve my reviews or transfer to my NEW Host?