Importing VRBO reviews into Airbnb

GaryandJen0
Level 1
Sechelt, Canada

Importing VRBO reviews into Airbnb

Hello!

We are in the process of migrating a rental property from VRBO to Airbnb. And the biggest loss is all the great reviews on VRBO. I don't suppose there's a way to import them to Airbnb?

I would imagine I already know the answer to this question ('no'), but I thought I'd ask 🙂

Thanks!

7 Replies 7

You are correct, you must start over. 

Please note that on Airbnb, the reviews are for you as hosts in the property you advertise.  If you change properties, the reviews will stay with you on your profile but will not show on your new listing.  However it will say "Host has xx reviews for another property" 

The same will hold true for this new property  - your Superhost status will show up and any potential guest will be able to click through to your profile and see all the great reviews you have for the other cabins. 

Cool, thanks guys!

Elizabeth502
Level 1
Soldotna, AK

I am trying to do the same - I have wonderful reviews on HomeAway but just realized there is no way I can import them into AirBnb - what a shame to have to start over after all these years!

Sonya-And-RC0
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

Good decision!  I just have to say that VRBO has treated me horribly as a host.  Airbnb has great support for guests (especially once you are a super host).  I love that!  I almost never need help, but that 1x year when you get a terrible guest AIR is there for me.  

VRBO on the other hand... here is the story:  This guest checked out of my rental because it was a super hot heat wave and my rental did not have air conditioning (which I did not list as one of my amenities).   At that time a VRBO customer service rep spoke to her and explained that she didn't have a right to a refund and then emailed me to let me know what had been discussed.   I was happy that VRBO supported me BUT 2 months later she called her CC company and had them reverse the charge.  Now VRBO is taking the money from my bank account!!!   Why bother working with / paying a big company like VRBO if they don't support you?   

There was another chat line that started re: VRBO.  Negative experiences mostly. I was thinking of listing there with all the airbnb pressure re: IB (which is working out OK) - but now this cancellation thing where they are pushing you to have flexible cancellation - 5 days notice with almost full (or full?) refund. So much for that booking - just empty space.  i was business rated but without flexible cancellation can no longer be listed as such. So did anyone have a positive experience with VRBO? 

Lionel86
Level 1
Sarasota, FL

VRBO is a lot more host-friendly than Airbnb.  The big difference is the cancellation policy.  Even with a strict cancellation setting, with Airbnb the renters can cancel right up to the day they check in (if they can justify it (e.g fabricated doctor's letter).  Airbnb's strict policy allows a renter to cancel 2 weeks prior to get a full refund.  VRBO's strict policy requires renters to cancel 60 days prior to rental date to get a full refund.   This is important if you have a seasonal rental where a last-minute cancellation during the high season could be devastating to the host.  For this reason, we only let VRBO to rent during high tourist season and we blank out the dates in Airbnb.