Inquiry on space not listed, can it be a scam?

Frances138
Level 1
Corning, NY

Inquiry on space not listed, can it be a scam?

We are relatively new at hosting on Airbnb, started 3 months ago.  We have a guest apartment on the 3rd floor of the house that is listed.  However someone introduced herself from CBS News asking if they can use other 2 floors for shooting interviews.  I looked up her name, who has a linkedIn profile, and seems to be just starting at CBS News 2 months ago.   My instinct is that it is a scam, any thoughts?  Even if it is not a scam, any considerations and thoughts that you have?Appreciate your guidance and advise.

Here is the inquiry, "Hi Frances. My name is Wren Woodson and I work at CBS News. I am looking for a location to shoot some upcoming interviews in the Corning area and I saw your listing for the 3rd floor of your Victorian house. Since we'll have a camera and lighting crew, I was wondering if it'd be possible for us to utilize the first and/or second floors of the house, pending photo approval of the other spaces. We'd be happy to pay more per night to utilize the other floors, as well. Let me me know if you'd be willing to send us photos of the other floors and possibly allow us to shoot interviews there. Thank you very much. -Wren Woodson, CBS News

1 Reply 1
Pete69
Level 10
Los Angeles, CA

Here in LA everyone uses Airbnb to find film / TV shoot locations. I had a shoot done at my place and the producer looked like she wasn't more than about 25. Location scouting is an entry level position. Call up CBS and ask.