Instant booking

Answered!
Lulu6
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Instant booking

I am a relatively new host and was not aware of the Instant booking rules and that it was active on my listing. I have had someone book dates which are not available for arrival and have to date always received a request to accept or decline. On this particular enquiry booking was automatic and now we have a situation that it cannot be fulfilled. I have explained all to the potential guest and he is happy with my reason, however the money has already been deducted from his account. How do we reverse this booking without either himself of myself being penalised

1 Best Answer
Lilian20
Level 10
Argelès-sur-Mer, France

The only way to sort it out is to contact airbnb support team by phone. They will refund the monies to the guest and may fine you with a symbolic penalty. 

View Best Answer in original post

112 Replies 112
Maria845
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

I would like to thank Andy for is reply on an instant booking  I have. I couldn't get on the page in time so my time to answer ended. I still have a problem with this booking 

As the named person is, not the staying, guest as I thought!! She then she says that the reservation is for one guest and they are two,

and now she wants to bring another two people in.!! So my question is, can I cancel this booking without being penalised?? I think I have good reason to do so. All these do not seem right to me. I do not feel comfortable with this situation and believe the penalising system is not always fair; any anyone had  an experience like these ?please let me know Thank youMaria 

Martin105
Level 2
Mumbai, India

hi Lulu,

You need to contact bnb at your earliest and explain they will reverse the paymnt.

cheers

how does one contact Airbnb toll free phonecalls.  I have many questions.

Patti11
Level 3
Jacksonville, FL

It appears that the instant booking tab is set "ON" when you enter search so it gives the impression that there are fewer listings available.  It also appears that Airbnb is giving these hosts priorty since the button is "on" when you open to search and if you are new to Airbnb you might night even realize it.  I didn't and I have been a host for nearly 4 years.  I test every now and then to see if my listings show up when things seem a little too quiet.  I didn't see either of my listings and finally figured out that it had to do with the instant booking button that was set "ON".  Anyone else have a concern with this?

Thanks Patti,  I had no idea about this, and wondered why my bookings have recently dropped.  I am so glad you posted!

Cathryn9
Level 1
Beaconsfield, United Kingdom

Hi,

I am brand new to this so your advice would be appreciated

Is there anyway to have certain dates as instant booking and others as request reservation? I have searched for this option on manage my booking but cannot find it.

I need a couple of months as instant but then I need to go request a reservation...

Look forward to hearing from anyone that may be abe to help!

Thanks!

I would also like the option to turn off instant booking for certain dates. I am not always available for turning the unit over as quickly as I might need to to have the instant booking work. 

Does anyone know if airbnb monitors this community or should I send them a message asking about this? 

thanks!