Is Airbnb really going to require that we provide linens & towels?

James165
Level 10
Atlanta, GA

Is Airbnb really going to require that we provide linens & towels?

I just saw that as of July 2018 Airbnb will be requiring that hosts provide linens and towels. That is a killer for us and will be for many who do weekly vacation rentals and don't live locally. We have no means of ensuring linens are washed between rentals, much less being sure they won't accidentally be taken by the guests. I supposed we could find someone to contract, but that will likely add $100-200 per rental - most of our guests would much prefer save the money and bring their own. We tell them about the local linen rental agency so they have that option. 

The changes to Airbnb seems to be leaning toward people (guests and hosts) who have boatloads of money. I know that likely is where they'll make most money, but I fear that they are leaving their base behind. 

213 Replies 213
Kathy412
Level 1
Young, Australia

I have just secured a reasonably priced linen service but I have had to change my bookings to a minimum of 2 nights as I will lose if I have a full house for one night.  I has had a bad effect on my bookings in the quieter months.  If there was an option on the booking page to order linen and pay for it through the sight, I am sure most people would opt to bring their own.

We only provide linen for those who want it. It is stated a few times in our ad if guests want linen there is a fee of $60. If guests want linen i send a request for them to pay after they have paid full amount, is working ok for us, only thing is you can't send request until they have paid full amount.

Rafael-and-Lena0
Level 4
New Jersey, United States

Same here, only had one broken wine glass in 2yrs hosting. Never anything got stolen, I guess I am lucky.

Paula970
Level 1
Taranaki, New Zealand

i was hoping someone might be able to advise - if a guest was to provide their own sheets, towels and duvet for a two week stay what kind of discount might you give them ?  considering i still have to pay the cleaner the same amount and this is their choice.   thoughts ?