Its a small world

Natasha-And-Dale0
Level 6
Athabasca, Canada

Its a small world

A fun story...a lady books my home with almost no profile and a picture of a cartoon character. I am cautious so I message her to kindly with advice that as a new member to the airbnb community she should complete her profile and photo and tell me a bit about herself...she complies with lovely photos even sending me some extra pictures of her family. That night her husband comes home and I suppose she shows them our profile to see where they are staying on holiday. It turns out her husband lived with my husband as an exchange student for a year 20 years ago and 2000 km away in another province. Needless to say we are very excited to host them and sometimes a new guest just needs some soft encouragement to get started properly.

22 Replies 22
Sharebnb0
Level 2
Arlington, TX

How awesome! The universe at its best. 

Lilian20
Level 10
Argelès-sur-Mer, France

cool  story !

Anastassia2
Level 2
Walnut Creek, CA

Hi Natasha, 

My name is Anastassia Babanskaia. I am a Creative Producer here at Airbnb and working on a program called Based On A True Review, where we take remarkable host/guest stories and bring them to life as animations and publish on our social channels. 

Your story was forwarded to me and we think its a cute and lovely story and has potential to be one of BOATR stories. We'd love to hop on a quick call with you to chat about details of what happened once you reunited with the guest. 

Would you be open to talking to us?

Thank you in advance.

Best,

Anastassia

@Anastassia2  I could write a screen play.

Yes ..feel free to call me anytime...we had a lovely visit though my husband was absent due to a family emergency...we all felt like we had immediate connections. 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Just mentioning in @Anastassia2 so she will see your reply @Natasha-And-Dale0. 🙂

Aw I am glad to hear you had a lovely time together, it is a shame your husband was there, but perhaps this will be the start of more regular visits in the future. Did you do anything special during their visit? 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Hi Natasha,

Thanks for your reply and interest in participating in BOATR series. We'd love to chat with you about it in more detail. Would you be so kind to provide your contact info and I'll happily set up a quick call with our creative team.

We look forward to chatting with you.

Best,

Anastassia

anastassia.babanskaia@airbnb.com

Deb29
Level 9
San Mateo, CA

@Natasha-And-Dale0 It's always nice to hear these types of stories. Thank you for sharing!

Happy Hosting!

Deb

[Link hidden]