LISTING REMOVED

Peter6
Level 2
Barcelona, Spain

LISTING REMOVED

Hola,

I have received an email from Airbnb Customer Experience telling me the they are going to remove one of my four listings because I'm not delivering the kind of hospitallity experience to my guest.

I’m in shock ! There are a lot of work and effort behind this listing and I have never received a complaint about it….NEVER !!

Actually my rating from guest are great:

Last 3 ratings were each 5 stars. Overall, I’ve received 5 stars 86%of the time. On average, hosts near me get 5 stars 57% of the time.

My current guests are happy in my apartment and they are enjoying it.

Has somebody has some similar experience ??

All the best !!

Peter

120 Replies 120

Well that is not correct, single listings removed, no explanation, no answers in two months from AirBnB. So no, this is not about multiple listings.

AirBnB should be ashamed of the way they all of a sudden communicates.

What is really annoying is that they manage to come out well in the press.

@Paula17 Hi Paula Did some of your listings get unlisted today as well ??

Hi Hassan, yes today, out of the blue, and no explenation from Airbnb. I went onto the community forum and it seems to be happening to a lot of hosts. Did they hit you with it too?!

Hi,

Airbnb removed my listing on December 8th.

Regards,

Peter

Mirjam0
Level 10
Amsterdam, The Netherlands

Today we got  two hosts  with similair messages about their account going to be removed  on our FaceBook page Airbnb Hosts  in Amsterdam  and  one on our Airbnb Group Hospitality in Amsterdam. Airbnb Holland  is looking at it .

That's what I was told as well, but then they realised their mistake and told me it WAS an official airbnb email address...

Screen Shot 2015-12-10 at 15.34.43.png

Mirjam0
Level 10
Amsterdam, The Netherlands

Hi Lizzy, a lot of confusion here, because in https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/971/how-do-i-know-if-an-email-is-really-from-airbnb we all read :
You can tell if an email is really from Airbnb by looking at what comes after the @ symbol. All official Airbnb emails will come from an address that ends in:

@airbnb.com
@airbnbmail.com
@e.airbnb.com
@host.airbnb.com
@guest.airbnb.com
as you see,@e.airbnb.com  is  still mentioned as a safe sender!  The affected hosts got emails from  this address!

I really fail to see why this is such a difficult problem to resolve... Can't someone here who is representing Airbnb make some phone calls/send some emails to get to the bottom of this? With the holiday season coming up many of us were counting on Airbnb to rent out our places. I don't know about the rest of you but (after many years of loyal and happy use) I'm already looking into alternatives to Airbnb...

Could you at least let us know whether anything is being done to resolve this situation? 

Anne-Marion0
Level 2
Amsterdam, Netherlands

Hello Peter,

We have the same problem in Amsterdam now (probably a hackingproblem). Several superhost in this city received the same email as you did yesterday. I have contacted the helpservice of airbnb and forwarded the message also to the security service of airbnb. In the late evening I have called a helpdesk here in Amsterdam and he was collecting all the complains on this matter. Hopefully they will solve this problem and contact me and all other superhost to explain to us what happened. Did airbnb solve the problem in Barcelona?

Kind regards, Anne Marion from Amsterdam

My listing is in Barcelona and I'm still unlisted. Since the 8th of December now... 

Anne-Marion0
Level 2
Amsterdam, Netherlands

Hello Peter,

We have the same problem here in Amsterdam now. What is the status of your listing now, is it deactivated or still working?

Kind regards, Anne Marion

Maria-Lurdes0
Level 10
Union City, NJ

Sorry to jump in so late, and my apologies if I've missed a post that already said this (just read the replies a bit quickly), but this is the same situation that is happening in New York, and it's happening to multi-listings hosts.   I am also a multi-listing host so I am very concerned about this situation and am following it closely.     In my area this type of short term rental is not an issue so there is no politician (yet) looking to make noise about this.

The reason that your listing is being shut down is because you live in a city with strict laws preventing this type of rental, and Airbnb is shutting down listings rather then have to hand over your info/data to city council (or the equivelent) when they request it, as they will.   Look at New York city for an example of what is happening.  Tons of hosts are being shut down in New York, because it's a witch hunt.  Politicians are going after hosts hard here, and levying big fines to hosts, and sometimes not the host, but their landlords.  Airbnb then gets the bad press, and it goes around in a circle.

So the "inauthentic" experience is probably because it's a listing where you do not live, meaning it's probably not a legal situation in your city.  Anyhow, just my opinion as to what's happening, as it's exactly the same situation as what has happened to a lot of hosts in New York.

Something similar has happened to me, a super host with over 73 great reviews and very pleased guests. I received this yesterday and am flummoxed to say the least. I have built my life around being a host and now the rug was pulled out from me abruptly and without recourse.

Thank you for uploading your ID for our ID Verification process. Upon review, and given information uncovered pursuant to online public records, we have determined that it is in the best interest of Airbnb, and for the users on our site, to deactivate your account permanently. We realize that this may come as a disappointment and that you may have questions regarding this determination. We hope you understand that this decision is exercised at our sole discretion and that we are not obligated to provide an explanation as to the action taken against your account, nor are we liable to a user in any way with respect to deactivating or canceling his or her account.

Should you choose to dispute the decision, please submit any documents you think may be relevant to us, at no additional cost to Airbnb. We will forward those documents to our Legal Department for review before any decision regarding reinstatement of your account can be made.

Additionally, please understand that this removal will also entail the immediate termination of your pending or accepted bookings. As such, we may: communicate to your guests that a potential or confirmed booking has been cancelled; and 2) refer guests or potential guests to alternate accommodations which may be available.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Best regards,

Lance O

Has anyone else gotten messages like this? 

They are not respoding to my emails and are not telling me what "relevant documents" they want.

I had over 4 months of confirmed bookings. I'm really quite messed up over this at the moment.

Michael- It appears to me that they checked up on you, after receiving your ID documents, and found that you have a criminal record.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Ritsuko0....To even suggest that is a rather inflamitory and nasty thing to bring up! Do you have personal details of other hosts past which you are simply prepared to air in public? @Michael26's past history has nothing to do with you! If there has been some sort of past legality it may have been for something quite trivial, and if this is the sort of comment you are prepared to suggest in public on a forum site I personally will make a point of not reading any of your further posts.....definitely no cheers in this case.....Rob