Listing for disabled access accommodation

Christopher83
Level 1
Ullapool, GB

Listing for disabled access accommodation

Many potential guests have mobility issues and of these many have wheelchairs and need close parking, ground floor access, ramps and adapted bathrooms. It would be good if potential guests could filter their accommodation search for disabled access, because at the moment they need to look in the fine print of each listing to see if it serves their needs.

Airbnb is a great tool to match the needs of guests and hosts; it would be good to extend this to disabled travellers.  

12 Replies 12
Christine218
Level 3
Solana Beach, CA

great idea!

Louise0
Level 10
New South Wales, Australia

You can already do this.  Go to your listing, tick the 'Wheelchair Accessible' box in 'Amenties'>'Special Features'.  Voila.  Done.

Louise0
Level 10

And of course, when searching, a guest just ticks the filter 'Wheelchair Accessible'.

Christopher83
Level 1
Ullapool, GB

Thanks Louise for this reply.

I had ticked the "wheelchair accessible" box in our listing but was unaware that guests could search for this via the filter. I managed to do a search with that filter on, and yes it does work, but it's fairly well buried in the guest search page.

Maybe it is information which the disabled community needs to know better! I will think about how to do that.

Louise0
Level 10

Yes, it would be great if we could have a little 'Wheelchair' icon on our listings to show that it's accessible accommodation.  Though, I think anyone who has accessibility issues or travels regularly with someone who does becomes quite skilled at researching accommodation options.   My guess is that they are probably one of the few who take the time to learn how to properly use the search filters to make sure they get exactly what they need!

Helen56
Level 10
San Diego, CA

A wheelchair icon is a brilliant idea - the host could just check a box to add this.

My listing is totally unsuitable for wheelchairs due to stairs, small bathrooms and even steps to the front door.  If I had an accessible house I would definitely want to add a wheelchair icon to my listing.

Please do this.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

--------------------

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

--------------------

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

--------------------

Guys how do I update my listing as wheelchair accesisble - I cannot see this tick box anywhere?