Location description/ directions for guest must be found easier

Terence4
Level 4
Sydney, Australia

Location description/ directions for guest must be found easier

I have had recent travelers that all ask for direction to get to my house. I have listed it all well in the app but the guests have complaint they could not find it. I wish there was an easier way for them to locate all necessary information for a smooth arrival. It is too time consuming for the host to explain over and over again to the new arrival. 

Would be great if that could be looked in to. 

thanks 

9 Replies 9
Peter186
Level 1
Morley, United Kingdom

Airbnb were great when we first joined but now the service, connectability, feed back etc is virtually non-existant. They need to buck up their ideas as there are many other Web Sites offereing the same service.

Jen23
Level 2
Big Bear, CA

Agreed!! The only negative rating I've ever gotten has been for location, but I couldn't be clearer about where my home is and I think it's unfair I'm penalized for s guest not understanding my location. I think that needs to be more visible. 

Jon16
Level 3
Victoria, Australia

Yes I am getting people ask me about Key Collection and times and can this or can that, I do at least 3 check in per day, my busiest 9 in one day, all details are there but If I respond "check your Itinernary" it seems just rude or they think I dont care so then I write everything again and also tell them the info is on the page. Too hard to find!!  

Christopher83
Level 1
Ullapool, GB

What we had not realised at first is that many guests are booking with their phones and find it hard to read all the small print on our listing pages. When I worked this out I saved a message with all the directions to get to our apartment and I send it to everyone who books. Also the first photo on our listing is what our house looks like from the road.

Christine218
Level 3
Solana Beach, CA

You can save messages - make one for your location, directions, etc. and then just use your "saved message" when you need it. It eliminates typing the same thing over and over. You can save more than one. 

Adria0
Level 2
Birch Bay, WA

I did what the others are suggesting, I have saved messages including all the directions details and hints

I find ABB's site to not be particularly intuitive, I have often Googled how to do something or find something, especially on the phone app.

I figure if i message that to them, as the last message i send, it should be easily and simply accessible.

Helen56
Level 10
San Diego, CA

Just save a message with your directions - it then takes only 2 or 3 clicks to give them a paragraph of directions.  

I use the saved messages feature all the time - directions, where to park, and more.

You can add as many messages as you wish, and give them titles (which the guests don't see) so you can find them quickly.

This is a great feature!!!

Beth-and-Dan0
Level 2
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

We get this all the time too and we've never had any difficulty with this when we have been travelling as guests ourselves.  People just don't bother to read their confirmation email.

We simply respond to these requests with.. 'you should have received our address and full directions in your confirmation email from Airbnb.  If you have not received this email, please let us know and we will get it resent to you.'

Never give out your address via messaging.

Suprise Suprise,  everytime this happens, the guest reads their confirmation email and arrives without any problem.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.