key transfer

Abigail0
Level 3
Toronto, Canada

key transfer

Hi all,

My Berlin guests used to pick up their key from the local convenience store. The store recently changed their mind and aren't keeping our key for us anymore. Guests receive an itinerary, telling them how to access their place, keys etc - I can't find where this is, as a host. I need to edit this section so that the itinerary now has the updated key information. HELP: where do I find this section? 

thanks

Abi

5 Replies 5
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Abigail0,

You would put this in the basics in the "House Manual" section.  Have you though about purchasing a keypad deadbolt so you can just program the code in and the guests don't need to worry about losing or picking up a key?  I then just program the code to the guests last four digits of their phone number.

Cheers

David 

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Hi David,

Thanks for telling me it's 'house manual' I need to look in to make the change. Will do it now.

A far as the deadbolt: I wish! But in Berlin the apartment buildings have 1 communal front door and no way to individualize an entry for someone without giving them a key, which is difficult when people arrive at all times of the day and the night.

We are thinking of a lock box on a nearby fence, but are anxious it'll be cut off by the Municipality or property owner; our keys are worth 200 euros.

One idea we had was to put a lockbox on a bike and lock the bike up.

I would very, very much welcome any thoughts or suggestions on a solution.

Thanks, Abi.

Hi David,

Thanks for telling me it's 'house manual' I need to look in to make the change. Will do it now.

A far as the deadbolt: I wish! But in Berlin the apartment buildings have 1 communal front door and no way to individualize an entry for someone without giving them a key, which is difficult when people arrive at all times of the day and the night.

We are thinking of a lock box on a nearby fence, but are anxious it'll be cut off by the Municipality or property owner; our keys are worth 200 euros.

One idea we had was to put a lockbox on a bike and lock the bike up.

I would very, very much welcome any thoughts or suggestions on a solution.

Thanks, Abi.

Hey guys, do you know with the key dead locks, do you have to physically change the code for each guest, or can you do it remotely?

Many thanks!

Nic

Hi @Nicole-and-Dave0,

Have you checked out the https://www.airbnb.ca/host-assist link?  There are some options there for remote code change.  I have two Schlage units, one for a deadbolt and what for a doorknob.  They work great but it requires you to enter the code on the unit.

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host