Looking for remote lock recommendations, in Germany

Margit1
Level 1
Cologne, Germany

Looking for remote lock recommendations, in Germany

Hi,

We are new here and saw the airbnb recommendation for remote locks (here in germany): RemoteLock 500i

As an alternative i found the Yale ENTR or the August Smart Lock (and the startup Nuki)

But the reviews i found on amazon for example are mostly poor...

Has somebody here real hands on experience with any kind of remote lock and wants to share the experience with the community?

many thanks,

Michael

81 Replies 81

hi Stuart

I've messaged on the RemoteLock site. We're looking at purchasing three 6i locks, but we're not seeing an accurate lead time when ordering. Is there someone at Remotelock we could contact or if you know how long it would take to get those locks delivered?

Thanks

Rishi

Hello Rishi,

I am responsible for Lockstate in Europe. I would suggest emailing: MikeM at lockstate dot com

He will be able to advise.

Kind regards,

Stuart

Damir0
Level 10
Rotterdam, The Netherlands

IMG_5810.PNGAre there any hosts who share their apartment(s) on Airbnb with a central entrance (one or more access doors to apartment building)?

I live in a 6 apartment building with a central entrance to the atrium, using a video intercom. For my private entrance, I use the LockState RemoteLock 6i (mortise) and for the intercom I use a keysafe until I set out my smart upgrade. Recently, I pre-ordered Nello. Essentially, it's an upgrade for any intercom, making it smart. Have a look on their website.

www.nello.io

Wherever you go, there you are.

Hi Stuart,

I am one of the founders of a property management company in Malta named gobnb.  We are considering RemoteLocks for our properties.  Can we reach you for a call please?

5i is weather resistant while 6i is weather proof. That's the only difference I could find between the locks.

ReRe0
Level 2
Chicago, IL

I use VirtualKEY [link removed] This software supports multiple different smart locks, keypad locks and WiFi locks. It is also integrated with Airbnb, HomeAway, VRBO etc. The reservations are synced automatically and lock is programmed for the guest and house-keeper automatically. You don't have to manually generate codes or digital keys using the lock app. It saves you time and keeps things stress-free. I don't like to be worried about remembering to create codes and send emails to guests.

I also like one more feature that VirtualKEY Software provides. You can automate emails you want to send to guests like arrival instructions, request a review, guide book etc. I don't like to be worried about remembering to create codes and send emails to guests. I started offering instant booking after switching to VirtualKEY.

Amy4
Level 6
Berkeley, CA

Hi, folks: I'm trying to order the Remote Lock by Lockstate, using the Airbnb promo code prominently featured on Airbnb's Host Assist page (Receive $50 off each RemoteLock and ResortLock locks that are integrated with Airbnb. Use code airnbbtr-50off through 6-30-17). I'm getting the error message: Coupon "airnbbtr-50off" does not exist! Geek that I am, I tried various iterations (such as the obvious "airbnbtr-50off"). Still no go. Tried calling: closed on Sunday. Has anyone used the code successfully, and if so, any hints? Thank you, Amy B., Berkeley, CA.

It looks like the "airnbb" in your code should actually be "airbnb" (like the site's name). Hope your issue was as a simple as a typo!

Geek that I am, I tried various iterations (such as the obvious "airbnbtr-50off"). Still no go.

I just called remote lock and asked for the discount and it was given over the phone.

Alfonso38
Level 2
Madrid, Spain

Hi all,

does anybody know any installer in Madrid (Spain)?

The Schlage vs Kwikset is the most debated comparison in the smart lock industry and I believe that Schlage Connect is the most advanced lock on the market that offers the most interesting and unique features.

Kimberley14
Level 1
Benicia, CA

Hello,

I am looking for recent reviews/comments/experiences with LockState resortlock or other Lockstate wi-fi enabled keyless remote lock systerm. Does anyone out there use LockState locks? If so, what have been your experiences and would you recommend these locks for your Airbnb? In advance thank you for your input.

Nita7
Level 4
Florida, United States

BEWARE of Lockstate Locks!!   I am warning you and everyone against using the 6i locks (I'm not sure of others).  I have had my lock for about a year and a half.  It worked great until Lockstate basically "killed" the lock with an incorrect update they said was sent to locks around the world.   After months of extreme stress I got a replacement lock and now that one is acting up, I had guests that could not access when they arrived and called me in the middle of the night extremely upset - I really didn't want my guests having a key.  My guests are not happy with this and I am losing customers over the whole issue, which means I am taking a huge loss on this!   

Lockstate acted like this was a one time thing with the incorrect update, but after looking at reviews online, it seems this has happened more than once.  I saw someone this happened to in January 2017.  Lockstate asked me to go and replace the circuit board myself - I can't because I am live 1000 miles away.   They should be paying for someone to fix it for me!!

I have asked for reimbursement for the lock and as of today have not received anything.  I would stay away from any of of their products!  AirBnb should be ashamed of promoting a lock that has proven to be defective.  Why they are partnering with them I'll never know!

DO NOT BUY Lockstate Remote Locks.  These are terrible and Airbnb should NOT recommend these to anyone.