Making changes to include additional costs after negotiating with guest

Jane161
Level 2
Pittsburgh, PA

Making changes to include additional costs after negotiating with guest

Hi !  I'm new to this but am not new to computers so you would think the system would clear the decks when both the host and guest withdraw or decline.  Apparently not.  I had a request and it was unusual, including 4 children and 2 adults in a space with 2 bedrooms.  We discussed this at some length and agreed that I would include a cleaning fee and ask for a deposit.  Both of these things were agreed to and considered reasonable along with assurances that the children would be well supervised.  Thus agreed, I went in to make adjustments, but none of it translates into what the guest was seeing.  The 'agreement' seems set in data-stone.  I've gone through the prospects of sending him a special deal, but that didn't have the security deposit option.   Any thoughts or suggestions on how to resolve this?  Many thanks, Jane in Pittsburgh

1 Reply 1
Annette33
Level 10
Prescott, AZ

not sure what exactly you mean with 'clearing the decks'? was it a booking request? did you decline it within the necessary 24 hour time frame? or was it just an inquiry that ultimately didn't go anywhere?

In case Airbnb blocked those dates, that means you didn't answer/approve or decline in the proper time frame. Then you need to call Airbnb, explain, and get those dates opened up again.

Then, send those potential guests a brand new special offer: consider everything, include your cleaning fee, come up with the total fee that is due to you. that's what you have to put in the box for the amount.  (the security deposit will remain in place, as you have it listed.) The guest has to accept this offer , and you're all set. keep in mind that from that ampount, Airbnb will subtract the 3% from you as they always do.

Hope it all works out, happy hosting!