Missing Australian payouts

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

Missing Australian payouts

To Aussie hosts

Last Friday (5 days ago) I received this email advice from Airbnb......

Payout message 10th Nov.png

This was followed by this email on the same day

Payout message 10th Nov B.png

And since then I have received a further two payout advice emails totalling 7 reservations.

This I am afraid is false information......this is a lie!

I have, in the last quarter of an hour visited my local bank and asked them for a list of any credits that are in the banking system for release to my account.

I didn't ask when they would be released, just if the bank had a record of them in their system.....They do not!

Despite the fact that Airbnb are telling us they have released payouts, they have not..... processing has not taken place to this point.

It's only a small amount and it's not the dollar value that is a concern, it's the fact that what we are being told is not true!

I think we all need to feel really worried here now, not only have we fed incorrect information we are being fed out and out blatant falsehoods.

Like many others I am a bit scared about where this company is going!

Not so cheerie.....Rob!!

25 Replies 25
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Robin4  And Lizzie just posted on 2 of these threads that it's all resolved now.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Sarah977

20 minutes ago I witnessed a tellers screen which showed any credits due for release for each of our accounts....there were none from Airbnb!

Cheers.....Rob

@Robin4 Oh, I don't doubt you at all.  You might want to let Lizzie know that it is not all resolved and that all hosts are NOT receiving their payouts.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Sarah977

Look something might be happening Sarah but, after all the bull sh*tting around over the past two weeks with information right out of left field on about four occasions now, I do not believe a solitary word that comes out of that company.

Cheers.....Rob 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Robin4,

Thanks for all the time you have been spending on sharing your experience with this in the Community Center. 

As @Sarah977 just mentioned, the lasted update I have shared is in line with email you have received and a fix has been made.

In terms of your payment, as you have been informed to expect it around the 16th which is in three days time, if I could ask you to wait to see if you receive it at this time and then update us then, I think this will be really useful. As you can see here in the CC, some hosts have update us here to say that they have now received their payment and so payments are starting to reach those hosts impacted by this. I feel positive that you will also receive your shortly too. 

I know this isn't an ideal situation, but things are moving in the right direction. 

Please do keep me updated.

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Lizzie @Lyn3

Yeah, understand the 16th is mentioned but, in general that has in the past been regarded as an estimated maximum date allowing for weeekends and unexpected hold-ups. and payouts have always been received in the account at least 3 days before that maximum nominated date.

In these instances Airbnb are saying they have released the payouts when they have not, they are still showing as processing and although Airbnb claim to have released these payouts on the 10th November my bank has no record of them!

Is there perhaps a carrier pidgeon involved here for their safe delivery to my bank?  :-))

I would not normally care about a few days here or there but, we are all a bit on edge over this whole thing and when the company says it has done something, we need to see a bit of evidence of it!

Cheers.....Rob

Lyn3
Level 10
Mapleton, Australia

@Robin4

Hi Robin, they mention in the email to you "into your account by 16th November" , today is the 14th, perhaps your payments are still on the way to your account ?

Wishing you a speedy outcome,

Cheers, Lyn.

Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

@Robin4, I got a lump sum payment on the 9th November for four bookings, then nothing at all for a few days (despite having guests), then just today got my last two bookings paid. I have new guests who arrived yesterday for whom I haven't yet been paid. Hopefully the payments start coming in promptly now.

In my bank statement, I notice that the payments are coming from CITIBANK EUROPE Worldpay again, rather than from Worldpay AP Ltd. so there has been some kind of change there. Fingers crossed you see some money coming in soon.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Kath9

No sheep sations involved for me Kath....more like a chook-pen really.

But have a look at poor @Jenni0 under this post......still nothing at all and I wonder how many thousands of hosts are just like her, totally in the dark.

@Lizzie god bless her is like little Dutch boy putting his fingers in the **bleep** to hold back the North Sea!

She comes on here and tries with the limited knowledge she is being fed to make a decent statement on behalf of the company. Meanwhile, the company has had two weeks to run up a comprehensive statement  and some sort of apology about this, and what has it done....nothing has come to me, Kath........or poor Jenni below.

Their silence is bloody deafening! Someone up there by now surely should have realised this country has suffered a major event

Cheers.....Rob

EDIT: I hadn't realised those dutch levey walls had become a rude unmentionable word!!

Jenni0
Level 2
Moonee Ponds, Australia

@Robin4 at least you are receiving notification of an expected date for payments. I've received nothing but "please update your payment method" . This is getting ridiculous, maybe time to look at legal advise.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Jenni0

Can I just check when you receive this email? If you received an email asking you to update your details over the last few days, I believe you will need to update the details mentioned there.

If the email you mention was from a while ago and you haven't receive an update from Airbnb in the last few days, please can you contact our Support Team. They will then be able to help you with the next steps. Here is the number when calling from Australia: +61 2 8520 3333.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,
Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Jenni0
Level 2
Moonee Ponds, Australia

So, now at least I have received a test payment into my bank account, hopefully I'll get paid soon. @Robin0 did you receive your money today?

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Jenni0

Jenni I received 6 payouts in a block yesterday afternon and I did a post on another of my threads which I tagged you into to let everyone know and thank Lizzie for her help!

I think I was a bit ucky Jenni because although like you, I was advised to set another payout account, but I did not set the new account as default, I left my old account as default and my payouts went to the old account just as they always have.

In the end all this business of setting up new payout accounts was not nesseccary, and it is very disappointing that so many Airbnb support agents instructed hosts to do that, because it has frustrated a lot of hosts and dragged the situation a lot longer than needed.

The second that there  is a major problem discovered somewhere on the platform, customer support need to be made aware with an immediate bulletin so that all this 'shooting from the hip' advice is not given out! Really poor show on the part of the company. I have been in touch with Ann and Mad in Bondi this morning and they are just like you Jenni, still in 'nowhereville'

Jenni, I am relieved I have got my payouts!  And on checking again this morning I have just got another two [payouts, so it looks like the system is back to normal again.

I really really wish I could hurry it along for you Jenni.

Cheers......Rob

Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

@Robin4, I completely agree that the silence has been deafening and that Airbnb has handled this extremely poorly - it is scandalous that there are hosts like @Jenni0 that are still in the dark about this. Surely Airbnb has the capacity to send out the same bulk email to all Australian hosts!

@Jenni0, did you update your payment method? It seems that the hosts who did that still might not be getting paid while those who did nothing are getting paid again.

Airbnb should be treating this with the seriousness it deserves and keeping hosts updated with consistent information on a daily basis about what is happening. Jenni, if I were you, I would be thinking about legal advice and I will be joining you if my payments are going to continue to be delayed. Imagine how much money Airbnb (who is worth $30 billion) is making in interest - in the meantime, most of us (who, I assume, are worth less than $30 billion) are paying for it in increased mortgage interest payments...