Multi Calendar

Multi Calendar

Hello,

This is a VERY URGENT message, so PLEASE forwarded this to the correct department (IT, or Web Development).

I operate one of the highest-rated Airbnb properties in Southern Utah (Zion National Park area). I have 5 separate listings, and I manage ALL my listings from the multi calendar page.

Yesterday there was a HUGE wrench thrown into our spokes with the recent changes/updates made to the multi calendar.

The new system lacks all of the information that we could see previously, such as the pricing, guest's names, etc. We adjust our pricing manually and daily from the multi calendar, depending on our bookings and our assessment of the activity in our area. Today we were VERY frustrated to find out that our ability to see our pricing on the multi-calendar was gone.

These changes are INCREDIBLY inconvenient. PLEASE add that information back into the new multi-calendar ASAP!!! These types of frustrations are enough to encourage us to do more business on VRBO.

Thank you,

Brian 

55 Replies 55

This, exactly.  IT team looking busy, but doing absolutely amateur, unnecesary work.

Lilian20
Level 10
Argelès-sur-Mer, France

HELLO @Brian-And-Polina0 LOOK BETTER - the new multicalendar allows you to display and changes prices

Soni-and-Jon0
Level 2
Minato, Japan

There is a "Hide Prices" "Show Prices" toggle button in the top right hand side of the screen.

Anthony291
Level 3
Kilauea, HI

The new multicalendar is indeed a nightmare!  You can't see your notes, only one day is visable from one week before...how can anyone work with these changes?  Why is it every new update this platform gets worse.  Is anyone trying out these system changes first or is this just a bunch of kids poking at keyboards and eating pizzas?  Really, WTF!!!

I've been with airbnb 6  years, and been a superhost with 7 places but the GLITCHES never stop.................but get worse and worse, as if someone is intentionally trying to sabotage airbnb. 

I talked with Airbnb folks and they said they will fix it (3 weeks and still nothing) but this is typical, just a bot email and never any real help!!

You need to talk with your host and beta test these changes first, before rollin them out.

Anthony, this is from Lizie's answer below, so I won't take credit.  Just want to make sure you see it.  I was soooo frustrated, I went to see what others thought about the subject, they were frustrated, too, but - lo and behold- there was Lizie's solution and it totally worked for me when I tried it a minute later -ROFL-   

Please go to:

Account Settings > Settings > and select to Opt-in to the 'Use professional tools' there.

Spread the word.  

Hi I have four listings and the multi calendar option has been removed for any host with less than 6 listings...grrr so annoying and i completely agree with you, that simply changing the funtionality of the app without seeking any opinions from the hosts who use the app seems an incredibly uncollaborative way to conduct business...

Mechele

a crash course it change management would be adivised to those on the board of lets make changes!

Hi,

Same thing happened to me!!! Im am furious...I contacted them and asked why they took it down and they gave me no reason...thats exactly what I said ...I was so pissed still am

This is from Lizie's answer below, so I won't take credit.  Just want to make sure you see it.  I was soooo frustrated, I went to see what others thought about the subject, they were frustrated, too, but - lo and behold- there was Lizie's solution and it totally worked for me when I tried it a minute later -ROFL-   

Please go to:

Account Settings > Settings > and select to Opt-in to the 'Use professional tools' there.

Rob16
Level 2
Victoria, Australia

Fellow hosts,

WTF (perhaps this is an Aussie term?)

I have also multiple listings that I manage from the multi-calender veiw. I cant beleive a company that prides itself on communications would change such a major element of their website without consultation.... and it just doesnt work for us.

Is this a case of airbnb IT changing for the sake of change?

Yes, this a forum so please forward your complains to the Airbnb Help desk. 

*** RETURN THE PREVIOUS MULTI-CALENDAR;  IT'S VITAL TO MANAGE MULTIPLE LISTINGS. ***

ROB

Australia

This is from Lizie's answer below, so I won't take credit.  Just want to make sure you see it.  I was soooo frustrated, I went to see what others thought about the subject, they were frustrated, too, but - lo and behold- there was Lizie's solution and it totally worked for me when I tried it a minute later -ROFL-   

Please go to:

@Rob16 wrote:

Fellow hosts,

WTF (perhaps this is an Aussie term?)

I have also multiple listings that I manage from the multi-calender veiw. I cant beleive a company that prides itself on communications would change such a major element of their website without consultation.... and it just doesnt work for us.

Is this a case of airbnb IT changing for the sake of change?

Yes, this a forum so please forward your complains to the Airbnb Help desk. 

*** RETURN THE PREVIOUS MULTI-CALENDAR;  IT'S VITAL TO MANAGE MULTIPLE LISTINGS. ***

ROB

Australia

Diana814
Level 2
Mammoth Lakes, CA

MISSING REPORT - The Multi-Calender is gone - My absoutely favorite tool is just gone..... 

I need it back asap. It is the page I use the most, how I can keep a good overview on my listings. They just made my hosting REALLY difficult. AirBnB we need explanation or it back right away. 

Thanks, Diana

Update: Just got off the phone with AirBnB. If you can't see the Multi-Calender, it a tec-problem they are working on it. No updates when it will be back and working. 

They told me that I had to have 6 or more listings. I'm hoping that enough complaints encourage them to allow anyone with multiple listings to use it.  I've heard that they are offering multi calendar management to resort-type properties as an incentive to list each room separately.

Diana, 

Please go to:

Rebecca181
Level 10
Florence, OR

Another host posted on this today: After much hemming and hawing and hedging, customer support said that only hosts with six or more listings will be able to use the multi-calendar from now on. Which would appear to benefit commercial property managers, while simultaneously making non-commercial hosts jobs far more difficult - Including having to deal with all those double bookings that are sure to arise from this ridiculous change (which, of course, we were not notified of). 

It boggles the mind...

Rebecca, 

Please go to: