Must read blog post for new hosts - Don't Be an Airbnb Baby

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

Must read blog post for new hosts - Don't Be an Airbnb Baby

Just came across this blog with a post that should  be mandatory reading for all NEW hosts

Don't be an Airbnb Baby

6 Replies 6
Cj7
Level 3
London, GB

Thanks for this. V- interesting.
I have a feeling u can help me, I see that others can view each other's properties when they comment on the messages. Can u tell me how I can do that? I tried clicking the persons profile but it doesn't go through to the listing. Thank you in advance. CJ

If you're on mobile, then it doesn't work. On a web-based browser, you click the portrait then click "view profile."

Zeke, thank you thank you thank you!!!
Donna15
Level 10
Delft, Netherlands

An excellent article, @Andrea9. It should be sticked at the top of the New Hosts section.

In fact, I've just finished writing a response to someone whose situation was a perfect example of a remote host not having someone monitoring the listing. 

@Cj7, are you using Chrome? For me, it's the only browser in which I can view others' listings (by clicking on the host's icon picture, then clicking on View Profile).

Thank you for answering me Donna. I don't use Chrome and normally on my phone so I will see how I can do this. Thank you as Airbnb gave me 3 different answers and that was not one of them!!
Your the best!
Danny9
Level 10
Palma, Spain

The article raises a few very interesting and valid points. 

Yet, Airbnb is no different than everything else we do in our lives. You have a number of positive, optimistic people who believe that the destiny is on their side, and that everything they choose to do will end up well for them.

And you have a number of positive and very optimistic people who also believe that the destiny is on their side but who invariably provide serious protections for the unlikely case that anything goes wrong. 

The former is easier, less expensive, less cumbersome, and sadly, less safe, too! The latter requires work, expense and engagement but provides hosts with greater protections if anything goes wrong. 

Your home, your life - you call the shots!

Danny

Expert support for your listings in Palma de Mallorca!