My Studio AirBnB journey with before and after photos!

Jake0
Level 5
Coeur d'Alene, ID

My Studio AirBnB journey with before and after photos!

So today is an exciting day! this is always the best part showing the before and after images of my remodel; after so much time being devoted to the project even I forget what it used to look like so it's nice to see the immediate differences with side by side photos. This is a project I've been wanting to work on for awhile and I am converting it into an airbnb, really excited to see if I can hit my goals with this remodel and just how much of a difference hard-work and determination can do in completely reshaping a homes atmosphere! Feel free to follow me along on this journey as i'll be posting updates on my bookings for the coming season overtime to see if this was a good financial investment!

26 Replies 26
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

I like the old place !

It had a quirky charm to it 😉

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

Beautiful! May you have a long string of fantastic guests who appreciate your hard work, artistic eye, and treat the space with love and gentleness.

That is all we can hope for in this business, appreciate the sentiment! let the journey begin 🙂

Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

A beautiful update, @Jake0! Though I'm not sure the old kitchen needed it so badly. But the bathroom rocks now 🙂

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"

Thank you 🙂 and yea the kitchen wasn't so bad before, but I remember seeing that sink a while back and I really wanted to build the remodel around it.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Great work @Jake0

You must be very excited to have completed this. My kitchen also had dark yellow walls and dark blue painted window frames! I have gone for something a bit more relaxing 🙂

If you have time and haven't done so already, could you post your before and afters here:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/Before-and-after-pics/m-p/486728#M110692

It is a featured post, so more people will get to see this impressive transformation!

Oh yes of course, thanks for letting me know!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

This is a wonderful transformation @Jake0. You must be really pleased with the way it has turned out. How long did it take you?

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

It took me about a month and half, the shower was the biggest project, I had never done any sort of tile work involving a shower so it was a process... and I believe I have new grey hairs because of it haha

April3
Level 5
South Lake Tahoe, CA

great work @Jake0  I also do my own tile and while I like doing it, but it can be frustrating! The (carrara marble?) hex on the floor looks great! And while the kitchen may not have 'needed it' it is so much better now! May I also recommend drawer pulls for your cabinets that match your cool new facuet? You can find plenty on ebay, availkable in lots, for any budget

Agreed! I got some new ones for the vanity that were lil pipes that match the lighting and dark tones. I definitely want to get some new handles for the kitchen as well!

and thank you I really love the hexagon marble carracarra

Elsa64
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Congratulations!! I think it looks great

Brian418
Level 2
Minneapolis, MN

Nice work, Jake!! All the best to you and your future guests!