New "work collection" requires a Television!?

Koreen2
Level 2
Ottawa, Canada

New "work collection" requires a Television!?

I just learned that Airbnb has introduced the "work" collection. Previously, I was listed under the business filter, but I am now being excluded because I don't have a TV in the apartment. 

This is ridiculous! I provide high speed wifi and guests are welcome to watch whatever they want. Why would a business traveler require a TV?  Who even watches "TV" any more?  On top of that, I could provide a TV but without cable or satellite hooked up to it, they wouldn't get any signal. What's the point in that? This is a ridiculous requirement. Business travelers do not ALL need a TV. If one does, they can search for that themselves.

On this page, a TV is not listed as one of the requirements: https://www.airbnb.ca/help/article/1185/what-type-of-listings-appear-under-the--for-work--filter
but I am see in my "progress" tab that I am being excluded because I only meet 7 of the 8 amenities required. 

I am sure there are others out there facing the same issue.   Let's get together, complain, and get Airbnb to remove this requirement.  

21 Replies 21
Elly0
Level 4
Eugene, OR

Related... Speaking out in "Host Voice" hopefully would have Airbnb's ear.

Host Voice / Family collection should not include TV's

Amber129
Level 2
Mississauga, Canada

I think I'm the only one that loves my TV! Haha i wouldn't get our panties in a knot until they sort it all out as seems like a recent change and working on it. I've read other threads about it so don't worry not the only one. My unit on the other hand i don't know how often it would be booked without a TV. I see a TV option and and halso cable tv as another. I offer TV and have basic cable with antenna and chromecast for those that have netflix, kodi, showbox on their phone. I had to buy a new one as some punk stoll it but paid for it after. However myself i have an android box with 9000 channels of live tv and amazon stick on others and think we are going to return the chromecast for the amazon stick so we can have them on our netflix incase they don't have access to one. I had my place rented before airbnb to a 77 year old Doctor living only Mon-Thurs and he watched the news and guests wanted more so we added the chrome cast for our airbnb adventure. Goes to show how much people rely on tvs no matter what age! Definitely a good feature to have and if you don't like it just hide in a cabinet. The more you have the better your listing is! 

Hoping it's fixed for your sake and many others!

@Amber129  No one I know relies on TV. No one I know watches it nor has one in their home. No matter what age.

Was this in response to my reply? Doesn't sound like it. Never said anyone relies on it. Was just stating that even someone more than double my age wanted it and never expected them to care. You're in a different atmosphere. If people don't want a tv then they won't pick your place. Good luck in the hospitality business with that attitude! 

@Amber129  "Goes to show how much people rely on tvs no matter what age". Direct quote from your post. I have fine luck with the hospitality business, thank you.

Susan787
Level 2
Nashville, TN

Good news!! I suddenly noticed today that although I don't have a TV, I made the work collection cut! Hope you are all experiencing the same.

Elly0
Level 4
Eugene, OR

Yes, I was also pleasently surprised this came together so fast. Seems like we can make a difference through our feedback!