New app sound notification

Dimitris14
Level 3
Marousi, Greece

New app sound notification

Last days when I am receiving an inquiry or an instant booking I am hearing a new sound from the AirBnb app. I am having an iPhone. Is that the same for all of you? Is the sound changed from an update of the app?

67 Replies 67
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

Mine changed as well.  It's now just the general notification sound instead of the "Airbnb" sound.

Has anyone figured out a way to customize that sound or change it back to the old one?

I went into my app settings and saw that Airbnb was just set to my own default notification sound so I can change it to any other but I agree that the original sound was much better and always us all to a new booking inquiry.

So the only answer I see is to change it to a sound in my phone that is totally loud and different from any other apps.

But I would love the old sound back!

Marcella26
Level 6
New York, NY

Mine has done the same.  I really don't like it as the original sound was very distinctive so I would know I had an inquiry or booking which needed immediate attention.

can anyone help?

Odette8
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

I hate the new sound. With the old one it could hear it a mile away. Please bring it back. 

Jacqui28
Level 3
England, United Kingdom

I also respond immediately to the old Airbnb app sound and now it's just like any other so doesn't get my attention. 

Airbnb please bring back the old distinctive sound to help us with responding to our bookings

Isabelle193
Level 3
London, United Kingdom

Help me too and it's not good as the sound was so distinct and could be heard from the depth of a bag or a jacket

its shocking we are never informed of such crucial changes as Suoer host hosting guests.  This will definitely effect the response rates for most of us and hosting will become even more stressful due to the fear of not hearing this muffled ridiculous sound.  Why on earth they changed something hat was so part of their identity 

Well said ! 

Benjamin94
Level 1
Ibiza, Spain

Mine has changed too and it's very frustrating as I often now miss booking enquiries. Please can a Airbnb representative let us know if there is an option to get the old alert noise back. Many thanks.

I am with you... i dont recieve any noise at all and my sms is hit & miss

Lalith0
Level 2
Ambalangoda, Sri Lanka

same here

Ivor-And-Trine0
Level 1
Kings Meadows, Australia

It's driving me bonkers . Please bring back the old sound . It was unique - now it sounds like all the others . 

Yes, please bring back the distinctive notification from Airbnb,  I miss enquiries often now, as I can't distinguish them from others. What is the point in changing something which works so well!? 

Kevin-and-Joe0
Level 2
San Diego, CA

i hate it, why in the hell did they do it?  When I call to ask them, they act surprised.