New app sound notification

Dimitris14
Level 3
Marousi, Greece

New app sound notification

Last days when I am receiving an inquiry or an instant booking I am hearing a new sound from the AirBnb app. I am having an iPhone. Is that the same for all of you? Is the sound changed from an update of the app?

67 Replies 67
Nate47
Level 2
Caloundra, Australia

Hey mate I can play the sound but how do I save it then find it again?

Thank you Nikos BUT it's impossible to set it as a notification  sound on Samsung device. 

https://youtu.be/ceEzSNhhul8 tells you how to do this

Crystal98
Level 2
Guelph, Canada

If you own a Samsung phone and recently did the update, Samsung removed all personalized messaging sounds and app sounds. I had to reassign my airbnb app to a new sound for now. All my text messages now can only have the same sound. Most frustrating for sure.

https://youtu.be/ceEzSNhhul8 shows you how to change it back

Cordelia2
Level 3
New York, NY

omg..i thought i was gthe only one..please bring back the old app sound..mine changed but my friend who also does air bnb has the old app sound ...hers did not change..whats happening?????

@Cordelia2 did you try the one I linked to here...? Isn't it the one you're looking for, or did you not manage to download it?

i can seem to get it downloaded on my phone..helppppp

Above link for downloading works for me (and others), maybe try downloading it from a desktop PC, or ask for someone else to get it for you.  Once you have it saved on your smartphone, try a google search for "how to set custom notification sound on smartphone" and follow instructions depending on whether it's an android or iphone. I have a Samsung Galaxy and did it by saving the .mp3 file in the Notifications folder, and then went to Settings, Notifications, Airbnb, General, Sound and selected push_notification.

Hey, guys, i downloaded sound and put it on the ringtone folder but the application is not showing ring file, maybe because is mp3

Jose448
Level 2
Orlando, FL

How can I get the old sound back?

Lalith0
Level 2
Ambalangoda, Sri Lanka

Mine changed as well.  It's now just the general notification sound instead of the "Airbnb" sound it is not nice

Adam-N-Kam0
Level 3
Norman, OK

Bless you, Nikos. I finally sat down to search for a solution this morning and found this thread. Thank you!

Hey, guys, i downloaded sound and put it on the ringtone folder but the application is not showing ring file??
Steven65
Level 10
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

My Iphone app does not show any Airbnb notifications (red count) or message recieved sounds. It stopped working several months ago and I rely on the text message notification. It could be user error, or an Airbnb/Iphone bug? Anyone know?