New rental rules in Spain

Margaret-Mary0
Level 2
United Kingdom

New rental rules in Spain

Does anyone who hosts in Spain have any idea how the new "rental laws" affect Airbnb listings?  

To my understanding, if I rent out my house in Spain I have to jump through a load of hoops, such as obtaining a rental number from the local town hall, having air conditioning and heating fitted and reporting all guests to the local police station within 12 hours of their arrival!

Is Airbnb caught up in these new laws or is it outwith?  

Any comments or suggestions with this would be gratefully received.

Thanks.

109 Replies 109

Roger, read this:

Since 2005 theres NO permmission to have licence in the city center.  and since a few years ago in whole Barcelona city.

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Otros-temas/Email-de-Airbnb-para-quitar-el-anuncio-en-48-horas-c...

We need the licence to rent our apartments, if not the websites will give the information to the local  council

Now I'm confused. Airbnb now have an option when registering a listing that ask why you would think your exempt from a Licence. One option is that you live at the the address and are just renting out spare rooms. Surely they wouldnt  include that opton without The local Councils permissions with all thats going on. Theres lots of rooms to rent that dont have licences and they havent been removed since this started. Do they know something we dont?

I  have a spare room that I was thinking of renting for a couple of months.

Any recent news regarding this. Every week the rules change

Hi!

I'm confused too ...

We live in Valencia, in a house in an urbanized area but in the middle of the countryside. I've been in AIRBNB for a couple of years, renting a room in the house where we live.

From the beginning I have not known how to legalize my situation, I can not find correct information even though I have called the Tourism Council and the PROP. What I do is declare the income gains every year. Can anybody help me?

Thanks in advanced!

Hello Miguel,

I saw that option also, about renting only the extra bedroom in my flat where I live, not requireing license, but now I cannot find that option. Do you know where it appears in Airbnb options of registration? Thank you.

Bee18
Level 1
Southampton, United Kingdom

Our houses are in Murcia region.  We have now found a very helpful lady in Cartagenawho  is registering our houses for us.

Bee18
Level 1
Southampton, United Kingdom

I have now managed to obtain licences to rent my houses in La Manga.  I have the name of a very helpful lady, if anyone needs it.  Now I have my licence, how do I add it to Airbnb?

Simon-And-Natasha0
Level 2
Market Drayton, United Kingdom

Hi Bee,

From the dates it seems you got the licences in 8 days - was it so quick ?

I've been quoted 3 months for our new property in San Pedro ! Does your lady have a fast track method ?

Marco334
Level 1
Amsterdam, Netherlands

I keep getting an airbnb reminder to register before 30 September otherwise my airbnb ad will be removed. Anyone knows more about this? I am in andalucia, Málaga area. 

Hi Marco, Did you manage to get registered?
Simon473
Level 1
Brighton, United Kingdom

Hi can anyone help I’m about to rent an appointment in Barcelona in August but it has no reviews but includes the registration number !

i was wondering is it possible it could be a scam even with the registration/license number ??

Daniel1793
Level 1
Bucharest, Romania

@Simon473

I wss looking today at the same property(av Roma) and asking myself the same. Did you find out something? 

Hi,

Does anyone know if the is of any regulation by the Spanish law to make a "rent-to-rent" business, meaning renting-in long term and renting-out via airbnb? Any other informtion if this regard?

Thank you!

Jess-and-Abdo0
Level 1
Tangier, Morocco

Hello everyone, 

My husband and I have rented out a room in our apartment in Tangier, Morocco. We are now moving to Catalonia (Granollers) and are worried about the rental laws. So far all I have read about renting rooms in this area is below at the link: 

https://novobrief.com/airbnb-legal-in-cataluna-barcelona/

Can anyone confirm this from personal experience? Is it possible to rent only rooms with airbnb as long as you stick to the rules listed? Does anyone have experience with collecting the tax? 

Stephane174
Level 1
Châtelet, Belgium

Hello,

I am new to the renter side of airBnB . I want to buy a property in Valencia to rent it on airBnB , but reading about the new law it seems now very complex.  Has anyone registered a new short-term rental in Valencia since the new law od may 2018 passed?

Any hints? Can you really only rent out on airBnB ground floor and first floor ?

Hello, I read some of the reactions, but all of this is about renting out a property that you own. What if you rent a house and you want to host some rooms ? If the owner has no problem with it, what are the laws and regulations then, who needs to fill out the paperwork ? Who is responsible for everything ?

Regards,

Ann.