Not possible and confirmed

Hillary5
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Not possible and confirmed

I just had an enquiry for a guest which I pre-approved.  The status in my message box is saying not possible however in the calander it's saying the reservation is confirmed.  I'm not sure whats happening.  Has anyone else has this problem.  For some reason the messages froze for a while whilst I was doing the pre-approval!!

Confused!!

1 Reply 1
Annette33
Level 10
Prescott, AZ

@Hillary5 , what dates are you talking about? I, or anybody else here, could double check for you and see/tell you if those dates are really blocked out now.

A pre-approval expires after 24 hours. when did you send it? sometimes it says "not possible" if those potential guests have now booked somewhere else for those dates. It doesn't help that Airbnb constantly changes their wording on this. I had this pre-approval situation last week, and 20 min. after I had sent out the pre-approval, it says in my message folder,  "soandso won't need it any longer", meaning to me that they booked elsewhere.  Possibly there is also a different wording for US bookings vs. UK bookings....

In any case, if it is a confirmed booking, you should have reveived an email from Airbnb, with  itinirary and confirmation number. did you get that?