One night stands

Alis1
Level 2
Oslo, Norway

One night stands

This is my third time of being a host and my first unpleasant experience. I have two guest and only one key. They stay just for one night and I barely had time to see their faces. They went out came back home separately. So One of them ringed the bell at 4 a.m, woke me up and he was with a girl. He didn't say anything, so I had to ask her name and if she is staying. I have an additional fee for extra people, so I told him that, but the money are not the only problem. I simply didn't felt comfortable at all having an unexpected guest in the house. I don't know how to react, because I don't want to get a bad review. Any advice? Do I ask them to give me cash? Do I add the cleaning fee? Should I give them a bad review just for this ? Or should I just get over it?
16 Replies 16

i will be strict if it is my home, then i just accept booking. u always have the right to impose ur house rules, be diligent in updating it online. plus you can post a physical deterrent signage 'No surprise guests allowed' or whatever come in ur mind.

Thomas995
Level 2
Saint Kilda, Australia

I just had this happen. 2:50am, I was woken up by the two of them. I deliberated for about 5 mins.

Knocked on the door, to which he answered and she was out of site. Told him clearly:

"I don't mind if she stays but it will incur an additional fee in line with my charging of other guests." (Literally 10AUD)

She came out and started telling me about herself, to which I said "I don't care. It's 2:50am"

She decided to leave. I apologized to him, for interupting.

I also told her to flush the toilet (as she had left a bowl full of unflushed paper).

Essentially it's two guests. So add the extra guest fee.

Consider a rule that stipulates this in the room 'no extra guests between such and such hours' or 'extra guests will incur a nominal charge of $##'