Payout to closed bank account

Amber12
Level 1
Seattle, WA

Payout to closed bank account

Hey Guys, 

I just received notice that I had a payment being sent and then I realized that I never updated my bank account and the one it is being sent to is closed so I updated my info and deleted the empty account but the payment is still processing. Has anyone ever had this happen? AirBnb is like impossible to contact. I would guess the money bounces back and then is reprocessed?

41 Replies 41
Markus13
Level 1
Clayton, NC

Correct.  The closed payout bank account will eventually reject the transfer made and you should be able to see it on your transaction history in a couple of days since processing is automated.  I actually have the same problem now but I know it will process on its own since I have the same issue with a paypal pay out before to a closed account.  Ofcourse the processing time will take a little longer.  

Sj1
Level 1
Carpinteria, CA

We are experiencing the same issue with a closed credit card. How long did the transaction take to sort itself out? We have offered alternate account.
Thanks!

Hi, I have this same issue where a payment was sent to a closed bank account. In my transaction history, it says the payment has been paid out so I'm unclear as to whether the payment has bounced. Do you know how long it takes to bounce and whether AirBnB will automatically send it to my updated (and open) account?

Pamela177
Level 1
New York, NY

I have the same problem, did the payout amount get returned to your airbnb credit or is it still pending?

What were the results of this happening to anyone? I just remembered I hadn't updated our account info after moving and my payout got sent to our closed account from where we moved from. Will it bounce back and into the current bank account I added?

Hi Chad!

I'm a new host on AirBnB and I have the same stuation with my payment for the whole month reservations was sent to a closed Chase account. I added a new payout method of new BOA account and my paypal account just in case.

I keep reading here that people had the same situation over and over again but there's no replies/updates regarding what happened as a result?

Can you please help me with your experience?

How long did it take to bounce back to aitbnb acct and then  how soon it will get processed again? 

Will it be my bank accout or papypal now?

and all future payment it shows will be sent to a default closed acct. how to prevent this from happenning?

How to perminantly remove closed bank account from possible payout methods and changed default to a new one???? 

Please please please HELP!!!!!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Alise1,

Lovely to meet you and welcome to the Community Center. 

I imagine your payment, may have bounced back if it wasn't possible to deliver your payment to your account. However, to be sure and to check further I would recommend contacting our Support Team directly so they can look at your account a little more. Here is a useful Community Guide with the different ways to reach the team, including a phone number. 

I hope you get this sorted and if you could update us here that would be great, you might be able to help other hosts who are unsure on this in the future. 🙂

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Is your issue solve ? I still found this problem. I am waiting my payment back 

Is your issue solve ? I still found this problem from my mistake. I am waiting my payment return to airbnb

Yes, Airbnb resubmitted correct info and we received our check. 

Hi Chad.

Can you pelase clarify if you received a cheque from Airbnb as your account was closed or ifvthey refunded you into a new account/card that you updated on your airbnb profiel?

Im in same situation and very frustrating getting any answes frim anyone.

Much appreciated.

Regards

Dana 

Did this ever get fixed for you. I am having the same problem.  It seems like this is an issue with airbnb and they are keeping people's money . It is ridiculous . 

Wafa7
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Hi 

I have the same issue. 

My past and future Transactions are going to my old bank account.  I c hacked with airbnb and the only thing I was told is that I should Co tact my old bank to proceed the transfert from my old account to my new one..

But I closed my old account 3 years ago now

Could you please tell me what did you do and how long did it take for  The money to bounce back to your new account.

In the same time I created my new pay out method and deleted the old one  

Thank you  

Wafa 

Exact situation just happened to me and the response has been the same. “Contact the bank with the closed account and see if they can transfer the money back to you or to us.”

That makes no sense. The money doesn’t sit in limbo when there’s a closed account. It gets sent back. I will update you all though with the resolution.