Payouts and Refunds - Partial Stay

Steven59
Level 1
Toronto, Canada

Payouts and Refunds - Partial Stay

Hi There! I am very new to hosting. This was only my second time. My guest was going to stay for a month and a half. Let's say that totat was $4000 for simplicity's sake. About a week in, they needed to move out for various reasons. They offered to pay until the end of the current month for our trouble, so they changed the reservation to the new date and total, and we accepted. The new total, let's say, is $1800. We're okay with that.

Well, that $4000 was already deposited into my account. So what do I do now? Do I do the math myself and send them the difference through...?

I'm confused!  🙂

Any insight would be most appreciated.

S.

2 Replies 2
Melanie58
Level 10
Boise, ID

My understanding is all financial matters are handled through airbnb.  You would not want to pay anything directly to the guest.  It may take some time to make the payout, but either of you/both of you should just contact airbnb to ensure the transaction proceeds correctly and you don't exchange money through any other site.

Clare28
Level 1
Saint Agnes, United Kingdom

Hi, I just refunded a guest for a partial stay - they complained about the weather and I just couldn't be bothered to argue the point. I went to the refund section of the air bnb website and offered them a refund, which they then need to accept and then air bnb just sorts it out. Clare