Pet Fee: There is no automatic way to collect this & not having this is causing problems AIR BNB !

Kimberly241
Level 2
Chicago, IL

Pet Fee: There is no automatic way to collect this & not having this is causing problems AIR BNB !

I am disappointed in the way Air BnB has not adequately planned to collect a pet fee from travelers.  This really is unacceptable and should be remedied immediately.  I offer a very pet-friendly home, with a nominal and fair pet fee. I have my fees clearly stated in my house rules, and I mention this to guests before they book with me.  I've used the "request money"  feature and guests say they don't see it, didn't receive a request and otherwise pretend as if I have not requested any additional fees - which they agree to when booking; but I digress. This back-and-forth is TOTALLY AVOIDABLE if Air BnB would create a Pet Fee button. By not having a clear and easy way to charge a pet fee at the time of the reservation, I feel Air BnB is willfully encouraging stressful, uncomfortable and potentially litigious situations; which is simply BAD for everyone and bad for business.  Just create a Pet Fee Button ALREADY!  How many times do hosts have to request this feature?  I am disappointed that no one from "Corporate" reads these and/or cares enough to put this into action.  How hard is it Air BnB, to hire a programmer to write the code for a Pet Fee button to add to the site?  By not making this feature, the back and forth with guests is uncomfortable, ridiculous and avoidable. 

6 Replies 6
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Whenever a host has suggestions as to how Air BNB can make platform changes, @Kimberly241, a vehicle for that discussion is Host Voice on this Community Center.  If there is sufficient host support, the idea is forwarded to the Air BNB team.  Perhaps you could post your idea there.  I would imagine there are many like minded hosts.  Good luck!

@Linda108  They shut that down and have not reopened it as far as I know and can see. 

Hold that thought!

As we improve how we gather and share your questions, we’re temporarily pausing submissions. Thanks for your patience!

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Host-Voice/idb-p/host-voice

This is disconcerting. We really need a pet fee charge just like there is one for extra. Guests. And now no one from air bnb is listening. Very bad indeed. 

Hmmmm... thanks for the update.  Boy this platform keeps me on my toes...I hate being on my toes 😛  I'm retired!  😄

Kimberly241
Level 2
Chicago, IL

Thanks, I'll look for the Host Voice forum  

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Kimberly241  You can voice your opinion here:  https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Host-Q-A/idb-p/2018-q2-qanda-en  They talk about the options there and you can leave feed back.