Preparation Time

Scott74
Level 1
Denver, CO

Preparation Time

I have my first booking this Saturday. I have settings for checkin at 3PM and checkout at 11AM. So someone theoretically should be able to book my place on Sunday.

But the day is now crossed out on the calendar with a message that says "your preparation time makes these dates unavailable". I should be able to book back to back without losing days right? Has anyone else had this issue and how do you correct it?

Thanks,

Scott

5 Replies 5
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Scott74 This is easily fixed by going to your Availability Setting. You will see an option there to establish Prep Time or none. 

Momi0
Level 10
Honolulu, HI

@Scott74  Its extremely important that you go through all of your Airbnb account settings.  Nothing is done unless you change your settings or select the options you want.  Airbnb does NOT decide anything for you on your listing.  As a new host, take the time to go through everything, the account, your profile, your calendar, and learn everything you can to better understand how things work.  It really helps if you know all of your options.  Including pricing, dates, bookings, cancellations, reservations, bookings, payments...etc. Good luck, and welcome to Airbnb hosting.  Aloha, Momi, Superhost in Hawaii  #LiveAloha

If you feel that me or another host have helped you, feel free to click on the "thumbs up" button at the end of any post. Thank you so much.

Aloha, Momi

Great way to contact Airbnb or via Twitter at AirbnbHelp / Facebook

Thank you, helpful

Thank you

I'm really loving Airbnb so far, but to be fair, they ARE deciding some things for me, I'm pretty sure. I don't recall every being told I would block off entire days to prepare for another guest. Also it would be way more intuitive, when the hover comes up to tell me the day is blocked from being booked, that I can click and go to that setting to change that if I wish. I love thinking of ways to improve things, I hope this idea reaches Airbnb. Nevertheless I am really loving this a lot. I wish they'd suggest higher prices though with their auto pricing. We are renting easily at $35 a night, and yet it continues to tell me I am unlikely get any listings at this price, suggesting I drop to $25. I get people asking for rooms sometimes 2 the same day. I don't think it's intuitive enough.