Price reflected in guest inquiry is not the price I set

Julie246
Level 1
New York, NY

Price reflected in guest inquiry is not the price I set

Hi everyone,

I recently had a guest inquiry for a stay in late September, and the request refeflected a nightly price of $64, while I have the price over those dates set at $80 per night. The request came long after I set the price to that amount.

Any clue why this is the case? How I can avoid in the future? Thanks!

6 Replies 6
Dede0
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Julie246 Was the booking for more than 7 nights? Your listing offers a 20% discount for stays of a week or more. 20% off of $80 happens to leave exactly $64.

Kate117
Level 1
Pemberton, Australia

I have just had this happen to me also. I have a set price which always remains at the same rate and the enquiry I had today was $116 less than that set rate?

I had the same thing happen to me. My price on my calendar is $200/night over the Christmas season. Instead, the price reflected in  the guest booking is $186. Airbnb then charged me 3% on this lower price for admin fees. I have tried for the last 2 hours to find a way to email Airbnb to find out why this happened and have not yet been able to find a way to contact them. It's so frustrating to be treated as if I am a nuisance instead of a partner!

I have a similar problem, Airbnb is happy to take our money but they have no customer service. It is appalling.

Kim-And-John0
Level 2
Falmouth, MA

I have had the same problem more than once.  My most recent request for a reservation was for $175 per night.  I approved it and am being paid $163 a night, minus the 3% airbnb fee.  Then to top it off, there is no way to directly contact airbnb.

Sandy59
Level 1
Itacaré, Brazil

I have the same problem, and I have been trying to get it fixed for ages but no luck! I think they set 'extra guests' at a low season rate, so if you put your rate up in the high season, it only goes up for one person. If more than one person books at the same time, airbnb automatically use the extra guest rate which is usually a low season rate. that is calculated and divided and they get a rate that is wrong. We have to keep on explaining to our guests why the rate is actually higher and lose loads of reservations because of it. Airbnb doesn't seem to have the time or motivation to fix the problem, and they don't own up to it either. 

Another problem is, when you send the person a 'special offer' trying to rectify the wrong rate they were provided by airbnb, airbnb hike up the rate and put an extra amount on top of your price, charging the guest more and paying you less. This is not good either. I can't get to the bottom of this, it's very frustrating, because I like airbnb and the people who reserve through them. 

If you get anywhere please let me know.

Thanks, Sandy (HOstel & Patio Bar Mais Que Nada, Bahia, Brazil)