Problems with booking

Sultanov0
Level 1
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates

Problems with booking

I'm not sure if it's right place to write, but will appreciate if someone can help me.
I'm trying to book apartment in Rome, apartment is available, host sent me special deal which I tried to book. Once i pushed Book button it took me to the page with a form where i filled my adress and personal details, choose the method of payment, agreed with terms and conditions and finally pushed the button (which appears only after filling form). Page went blank with red loading circle in a middle. Waited for appx 30 min, it never loads.

Contacted help Center - reply:
We’re currently working on your case, and a member of our team will follow up with you soon. Thank you in advance for your continued patience.
Airbnb Customer Service - Updated 2 days ago

I'm traveling in the end of this week and need to book apartment as soon as possible. Did anyone experience same issue or anybody can help me to solve it.

Thank you

6 Replies 6
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

I have not booked through AirBnB but did not think that was how it worked, may be wrong.

So all communication was through the AirBnb system?

Has thebooking cost been paid by the method you chose, what method did you choose?

David
Sultanov0
Level 1

Hi David,

Yes all communication was done by Airbnb website. Credit card was choosen as a method of the payment but I could not book through website . Tried to use different internet browser like, Chrome, Explorer, Safari, Mozila didnt work. Customer service didn't reply to my email till now, Luckily I found a way out - I downloaded mobile app and booked from mobile phone and it worked. As a traveller booking apartment for a first time it was not good experience with booking and Customer Service.

This is the customer service reply as per now:
We’re currently working on your case, and a member of our team will follow up with you soon. Thank you in advance for your continued patience.

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Sultanov0

It sounds like a sophisticated scam.

Sultanov0
Level 1

Hi Marit, 

Do not thnk so becouse i even didnt reached the page with credit card details.

@Sultanov0

I think it may have to do with your profile - it does not have the verified badge and many hosts (myself included) require that you are verified before you book.  

@Sultanov0

Maybe not this time - but it can be an issue with future bookings.  I had one non-verified guest this week-end trying to book and it took some time getting it sorted.