Re-useable Bottled water, Which one is best?

Chris232
Level 10
Petersfield, United Kingdom

Re-useable Bottled water, Which one is best?

I supply my guests with 2 x bottled water, one for beside their bed and one for Tea/Coffee.

I really want to get away from throw away plastic bottles which although very convenient does harm our planet.

I would like to have refillable bottles which my guests can use ... but

a) I am concerned of expense

b) bottles going walk about .... nailing them to the table defeats the object

c) Hygene

Does anyone have any ideas, recommendations etc.

8 Replies 8

@Chris232 we provide a pitcher of very nice water in the refrigerator.

And cups.

If the guest wants to carry water around the city, they can provide their own bottles.

Even hotels charge for bottled water.

I see no need to provide bottled water to the guest for free. Especially in light of the environmental concerns you have highlighted.

Ria16
Level 10
Northland, New Zealand

KiaOra @Chris232

I have a couple of stainless steel ones in my unit for people to use. That way I can pop them in the dishwasher . You can google stainless steel drinking bottles and quite a lot come up. 

To be honest.. nobody seems to use them and a good percentage of  guests do actually bring their own.

I also offer bottled water as some guests ..well they just don’t seem to trust other countries drinking water. But at least the bottles go to the recycling centre. 

I have thought about getting one of those 10 litre jobs that stand in the corner for people to just use from there. I need to do search delivery and costs 😉 

Chris232
Level 10

@Ria16@Matthew285

Many thanks for your replies, off to look at different types of bottles.

Have seen a few Glass bottles which may be good for refilling.

But think may stay clear of 10 litre jobs ... too heavy for the stairs ... lol

So nailing them to the table won't work? How about glueing them instead and forcing the guest to turn the whole table upside down to refill their glass. Imagine. LoL

I also provide a pitcher.

Chris232
Level 10

@Fred13

Haha ... I like your sense of humour

J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Hello @Chris232

An alternative to bottled water could be - To buy a filter to have pure water and offer it in a jar along with cups. (You can leave it on the bedside).

Paola499
Level 2
Skibbereen, Ireland

Hi @Chris232

HAve you thought of a  Kilner water dispenser? They come in a few different sizes and shapes. 

Chris232
Level 10

Just a quick update

First many thanks to all peeps whom gave advise, thank you.

I have bought 2 reuseable Borosilicate glass bottles (1ltr and 500ml) on ebay and the response from guests have been very positive.

Am now no longer buying plastic bottled water so less plastic going in the bin... a win win situation