Received a solicitation

Answered!
Dannielle1
Level 1
Anchorage, AK

Received a solicitation

I just got an "inquiry" that turned out to be a guy who is "looking for properties in my area to manage" and asking to please contact him if I'm interested.  

Naturally I'm not, but I'm a little annoyed that I even have to deal with this because if I don't answer him in time it messes with my response time AND I can't really find any information on how to report this guy.  

Any ideas?

1 Best Answer
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Dannielle1,

For these types of situations, you can decline him and choose the reason as "This is spam".

You can also go to their profile and choose the "Report this user" link and then select "Innapropriate content or spam".  For both of the above, the Airbnb Trust and Safety members should review the guest and go from there.  I will note that they will not notify you of their actions.

Some hosts however will actually send a special offer for a very, very large amount of money which I have yet to do but would consider.

All the best!

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Dannielle1,

For these types of situations, you can decline him and choose the reason as "This is spam".

You can also go to their profile and choose the "Report this user" link and then select "Innapropriate content or spam".  For both of the above, the Airbnb Trust and Safety members should review the guest and go from there.  I will note that they will not notify you of their actions.

Some hosts however will actually send a special offer for a very, very large amount of money which I have yet to do but would consider.

All the best!

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Sam239
Level 2
Kentville, Canada

I received a solicitation today from a guy named Chris (although in his message he called himself Kerry).  Have posted it and my response below.  I also reported the member to Airbnb as a spam.

"Hi, my name is Kerry from 2 Planks and a Passion theatre at the Ross Creek Centre for the Arts. We have great shows that play during the summer time, and were hoping if we could come drop off or mail to you some brochures and/or a poster that includes information about the shows. If you would like some, please contact us at (Phone number hidden by Airbnb) or by e-mail at (Email hidden by Airbnb) Thank you!"

My response:

"Hello Chris,

Airbnb is not a marketing platform. Please do not solicit with me again. Thank you."

Hopefully that ends that.  lol.