Renting space without hosting...

Heidi83
Level 1
Austin, TX

Renting space without hosting...

Hello! 

This is my first time listing on Air B&B, and I believe I have listed my apartment incorrectly... and would like a little advice. 

So, I would like to rent my Austin apartment from March 13-20 for SXSW attendees.  I will be out of town during this week, so I figured timing would work perfectly.  However, my listing shows I will be hosting and present in my apartment... and I can't seem to find an alternative option.  Would you please let me know how I can fix this?  Thank you in advance for your insight! 🙂   -Heidi 

3 Replies 3
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

Your listing looks fine to me.  I would definitely beef up your House Rules and add a Security Deposit, though, as rowdy concert-goers could cause damage and you want recourse.

Oh, thank you so much for the response and advise!  I'll make those updates for sure. 

I actually have one more question... 

So, I only want to offer the dates: 3/13-3/20.  However, when I try to set the availability it won't allow me to select just those dates.  So, right now my available dates are everything after 3/13 lol  Is there a way I can fix this? 

@Heidi83  Yep! 

Go to your Calendar

On the right side, choose Availability Settings

Reservation Preferences

Booking Window pull down

Choose "Dates Unavailable By Default"

This will block you entire calendar EXCEPT for the dates you want to open up.  Click on these dates in the calendar and switch them to "Available" and make sure the price per night is correct.

Hope this helps!