Reservation cancelled by AirBNB

Answered!
Donna-And-Cameron0
Level 1
Port Noarlunga, Australia

Reservation cancelled by AirBNB

I was contacted by a guest this morning who tried to book my place last night, paid and awoke to a message saying that the booking was cancelled and her payment was refunded. I received no notification that there was a reservation. When I look at the reservatoins page, it says cancelled - then the calender is showing a pending verification which says that she needs to verfiy the booking. She is telling me that on her dash it says host needs to verify the reservation. I do not have any specific regulations re verification and auto-booking is set. This looks like a glitch. I have put a ticket in but it says they could take up to 24 hours to respond. Does anyone have any ideas. Alternately what is the quicked way to contact AiRBNB support as she is arriving tomorrow.

Thank you - we are new hosts and this is teh first time this has happened. Donna

1 Best Answer
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

The quickest way is phone: +61 2 8520 3333 or Twitter (@AirbnbHelp)

View Best Answer in original post

20 Replies 20
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

The quickest way is phone: +61 2 8520 3333 or Twitter (@AirbnbHelp)

Any idea how to contact them in the United States?

Contacted Airbnb - 415-800-5959.  Guest's account is under investigation. Good to know.

Donna-And-Cameron0
Level 1
Port Noarlunga, Australia

Thank you so much @Emiel1 I was able to phone through and resolve the issue immediately. It simply a lag in the system in terms of verifying the guests details. I appreciate your help! Donna

Natasha118
Level 1
Houston, TX

Is there a contact phone number that's Toll Free or for US? I am having a similar problem. Thank you!

United States and Canada+1-415-800-5959
+1-855-424-7262 (toll-free)
Cor3
Level 10
Langerak, South Holland, Netherlands

Hi @Natasha118,

It should be in here: Contact Airbnb

Dennis264
Level 6
Juneau, AK

This has been reported by multiple hosts so far.

S14
Level 9
New York, NY

This just happened to me too! I have been a SuperHost for many years and have two active listings on Airbnb. Suddenly, as I was about to go to bed at 1am, I got an email from Airbnb saying that they cancelled the reservation which has a check in date of today! No explanation! I am shocked and horrified. I already hired our housekeeper to come get the place spiffed up for the guest. I already sent lock codes to the guest and Airbnb already had sent him our address. I am baffled and upset. As usual, "Support" knows nothing and has no authority. They say it was done by some mysterious other department but that this "other department" does not take any incoming phone calls or emails. Supposedly they will "escalate" this to have someone from Airbnb contact me. Even if (big "if") this was canceled for a valid reason, I feel they should have reached out to me first to communicate with me. I am very upset. Feeling very unhappy with Airbnb right now.

The guest profile states that Airbnb already verified the identity of the guest. I spent hours going back and forth before accepting the booking because it was last minute and I wanted to be sure it was not going to be a party. I did my part. Now, the system says they refunded the guest. What??? What about my cancellation policy? If they refunded the guest, that means he paid, so what is the problem? Now I have to stay awake all night waiting for Airbnb to get around to contacting me in response to my "escalated" support request? This is not handled well by Airbnb. Very upset.

If there was any kind of problem with the guest's account, why did Airbnb let him contact me and waste my time? Hello??

@Dennis264Do you have any insight?

Lawrence233
Level 2
Tucson, AZ

Something similar just happened to me with a confirmation. I got a message saying the confirmation was illegitimate and was cancelled by Airbnb admin. Does anyone know what that could mean?

@Lawrence233  Airbnb will never tell you why. It could be any one of a number of things. The guest's payment could have fallen through, they could have used a stolen credit card, they could have been reported by a previous host for trashing a house or theft, some criminal record might have surfaced, the booking may have been fraudulent becaause a legitimate user's account got hacked, the guest may have been banned from Airbnb and opened a new account that got found out. 

You will never know.

Oh, ok thanks! Good to know they are looking out. I lucked out. The dates were rebooked right away.

David7870
Level 8
Vista, CA

Just happened to me too. I messaged the guests to see if this was something they requested. It’s soooo strange. 

Well