Ridiculous instant booking policy

Greg-and-Ciara0
Level 2
Uxbridge, Canada

Ridiculous instant booking policy

I have instant book enabled, with requirements of prior reviews, host recommendations, and photo ID.

Yesterday I had a couple who me all the requirments inquire about a week stay in August. I pre-approved them and blocked off the dates for 24 hours.

The pre-approval expired, and she messaged me just now saying she got busy, but is nor ready to book but the dates are not available.

I checked and the dates are marked ‘pending’ by someone I’ve never spoken to. I am unable to unblock the dates.

I called Superhost superhost support to get the hold taken off, and they tell me that someone submitted a booking request who didnt meet my requirements, so they’re holding it for her while she figures out how to submit her photo ID.

My question for the supervisor, how could someone who doesnt meet my requirments possibly tie up my calendar without my approval? Isnt the whole point of the requirements to stop that from happening?

Their answer? I’m sorry sir, that’s Airbnb’s policy.

Absurd. 

31 Replies 31

Hi Victoria,

I have not noticed this option.  Can you hive more information?

Lydia76
Level 2
Austin, TX

I turned off my Instant Book because I know longer feel comfortable with it since I can not see a photo, ratings or reveiws on potential guests in my house.Plus, one cancelation and I lose my Superhost status. This new policy is very unfair to Host!