Sales and tourist tax payments by airbnb

Sales and tourist tax payments by airbnb

Hi we are new to Airbnb and want to ensure our taxes are paid monthly by them - how do we ensure this is done and get statements to show to taxman?  Our house is in Orlando. We have always paid our own taxes on line as we also advertise through vrbo.  Would really appreciate some advice please.

5 Replies 5

I have paid my own taxes before on platforms that do not pay the city directly. Airbnb is a qualified web company that has registered with my city (San Francisco) and is authorized to collect the tax and pay it directly to the city. I went to my tax department and they advised me to continue paying taxes on bookings made through other websites, but not Airbnb, and to remember not to list them on the transiency occupancy tax form that I use. My advice, check with your city tax authority.

Yes, I agree with you the tax system differs for all cities.

Monica737
Level 1
Orlando, FL

Hi Mary

I have the same question

Monica

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Mary783 and @Monica737  Go to your dashboard click on Progess, then scroll down to Transaction History click on that then on the right hand side you will see a green link Gross Earnings click on this and it will show what taxes AirBnB paid on yoir behalf. Print it out monthly to save for audit support should it be question at some future date.  Also divide the Taxes Paid by the Gross Earnings to make sure the % being paid includes all State, City and County taxes due. In my case AirBnB only pays the State. I have to pay the others.

Thank you Letitia.  I am currently on the airbnb app on my phone in transaction history and there is no green link Gross Earnings to click on?