Self Checkin

Tania2
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Self Checkin

Ok, I want to do the self checkin option they talk about, but I can't find it anywhere.  I am following the instructions on the email, the Help Section and I still cant find it.  I have searched and searched.

How do I add self check-in to my listing?

To add self check-in to your listing:

1. Go to Your Listing on airbnb.com  - done ok
  2. Choose the listing you want to update - done ok
  3. Click Check-in on the left (can't find this)
  4. Look for Self check-in and click Add self check-in

I am completely lost or is there a step missing???

9 Replies 9
Julie_Mike0
Level 7
Chicago, IL

Took me some time to find it but here you go!

3. In the Listing Details section, scroll down to the Guest Resources area and click edit

4. Scroll to the Self check-in area (below the map) and click to add self check-in

Tania2
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Thanks so much for that.  Only problem now is that my option is not listed there.  So guess I just have to keep doing it the way I do now.  I just tell them where my key is hidden.  There should be another alternative optin to put your own details in.  Oh well.

Tania2
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Airbnb also needs more detailed explaination of how to get to the Self Checkin area, as their online HELP is not adequate but your instructions were fantastic.  Found it straight away.  Thanks again.

Yea, but this isn't the whole new feature they've announced, with adding photos and step by step instructions for guests. Where in the world is all that?

Catalina49
Level 2
California, United States

@Mari19 Can't find it either. I keep updating my phone app to see if it is supposed to come in a new version? 

Yea, I got a notice about that on my phone and uploaded some pictures to help guests, but I have no idea where they've gone.  It would be very helpful to my guests.  I also tried to input info about my keypad, but keep getting an error message and it won't save the directions I've typed into the box. Ugh...

@Tania2@Julie_Mike0@Catalina49@Lorie7, for me the "Self Check-in" information is part of the "Business Travel" section of the "Listing Details" tab.

(That is, go to edit your listing. Choose the "Listing Details" tab and scroll down to the "Business Travel" section. Press the "Edit" button next to "Business Travel" and scroll down to find the "Self Check-in" section.)

Can you look there to see if you also find that is where to enter the Self Check-in information?

Murat22
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

hi im offering a quality affordable reliabe remote self check i

Navigator IP is a powerful Browser-based Access Control system
From a single standalone door to a 200 door network, a single User to 10,000 Users.
Compatible with PC, tablet or smartphone, with no software to install!
Supplied boxed including 12v DC 2.5A Lock Supply

• Control Two Doors with each Navigator IP Access Control Unit
  • Browser-based
  • No full-time PC required 
  • No internet connection required
  • Fully embedded so no software required
  • Manufactured & Supported by JWS in Great Britain
  • Cost effective when compared to other Access Control providers

Features
Designed, manufactured and supported by JWS in Great Britain.
Standalone One and Two door Access Control Unit or as a Master unit for an up to 200 doors network
Powerful Browser-based Access Control with Built-In Web Server
Onboard memory retains 50,000 events
PC, tablet or smartphone compatible
No software installation required
Full Door, Auxiliary and Event control
Up to 200 doors and 10,000 users
DDA Assisted Access: Selectable User fobs unlocks & opens Automatic Door
Break glass monitoring
Email System, Alerts & User Events
Cause & Effect Relationships
Historical Events to Excel Export Feature
Mini Events Windows & Live icon feedback
Priority Controller Views (In/Visible via Browser)
Two doors per controller
Complete with a 12v DC 4.3A Switch Mode Power Supply
Standalone or networked via RS485 or Ethernet
Supports most popular Reader Technologies

n weather by code or remote opening through app or pc

Anthony414
Level 2
Melbourne, Australia

I was able to use the airbnb APP on my phone:
Listings -> select your listing -> Guest resources -> Check-in instructions

Here I was able to upload photos, and long notes to help the guests to check in, step by step. I found a handy option to re-order steps as well! Looks good and much better than when I first set it up (forgot where it was and looked here!)