Special Offer

Anne-And-Iain0
Level 2
Bristol, United Kingdom

Special Offer

Hello everyone, this goes back to last year, but I had a who initially booked 13th April - 30th June and then wanted to book in for 2nd - 29th March in addition.  In the meantime someone else tried to book during that period and (I think as a result) he was unable to request the period 2nd - 29th March, and asked me to send him an offer.   So I sent  him a special offer, not realising that the price woudl automatically be calculated for the whole period and not inthe usual way.  No worries- again we agreed in an exchange of messages what the monthly price was, and away we went.  Except that air bnb only deducted 2 x the monthly price (one lot for each stay), when he'd actualy stayed for about 3 and a half months.  I emailed himto expalin, but never received a reply, and tried the air bnb resolution centre without any result.  So I am out of picket for about £800!  I've put it down to experience and am now super-cautious about making offers, but please beware!  And if there are any bright ideas on how I might claw back the underpayment, fire away ...

0 Replies 0