Special Offer

Answered!
Caz1
Level 1
New South Wales, Australia

Special Offer

Hi - would love a clear explanation of the special offer pricing as it makes no sense to me at the moment 😞

When I enter my 'special offer' for the guest (i.e. the subtotal that includes any cleaning or extra guest fees) it calculates that I will earn more than my guest will pay (i.e. their price per night is lower than the one I based the special offer on) - how is this possible??!

e.g. my listing price was $300/night, a guest has made an enquiry for 18 nights. I want to do a 'special offer' of $240/night for the 18 nights so it calculates

$240 AUD x 18 nights$4320 AUD
Service fee -$130 AUD
You will earn $4190 AUD

But at the same time it outlines that my guest will pay the following:

$187 x 18 nights $3362
Service fee $212
Your guest will pay $3574

Where did the $187/night come from and who pays me the difference if it's not the guest?!!

I haven't offered any weekly discounts in my listing but I have offered a 25% discount per month but as the request is only for 18 nights I assumed that this 25% discount doesn't kick in...am I right or is this what is causing the dicounted nightly rate for my guest? Even so, this still doesn't explain why the special offer tab states that I will receive a $$ amount higher than the amount the guest will pay??!

I don't want to send them the special offer until I'm 100% clear on what exactly I will be receiving but at the moment I'm just left feeling completely confused!

Thanks in advance to anyone who may be able to easily explain what's going on! 🙂

Cheers!

1 Best Answer
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Caz1 Is your guest from the US?   Do you?  Quick look at the conversion chart shows $1 US equals $1.33 AUD.  Does that explain the difference?

View Best Answer in original post

66 Replies 66
Mark437
Level 2
Carinthia, Austria

I have received a request from a guest. 

I want to send him a special offer.

All I have is the option to ACCEPT or DECLINE!

How do I get to the Special Offer button!

Do I select DECLINE and then it gives me the option?

Thank you for your help!

Jeanette114
Level 2
Folsom, CA

Sounds like there's still no answer to the special offer dilemma.  😞 I guess i won't bother)

@Jeanette114  Here's how I work around it. I offer a military discount. I have it in my listing that once you book I will alter the price to give the discount. I then go in Alter/Change the booking and they accept. AirBnB then refunds them the difference. It's less headaches. 

Helen686
Level 2
Queenstown, NZ

Did you find any answer to your problem as I am having the same problem!

John5694
Level 1
San Juan, Puerto Rico

I have a guest requesting if I can get the all-in price down to ~1900. currently, with the additional fees etc. He is coming in at $2188.  What Special Offer can I offer to get to $1900 and what would the numbers be for the host?

Emma2789
Level 2
Nailsworth, United Kingdom

Hello I have a question regarding special offers?

please if someone can help… I’m not aware that I have set up any special offers but on a potential earning of £230.00 for 2 nights the breakdown is;

£6.62 service fees

£46.00 special offer

therefore £178.00 total profit…

I cannot find any evidence of special offers in my setting where I may have ticked something in error!

EcoBuilt0
Level 3
Pennsylvania, United States

First I've been a host since 2015 and the bigger Airbnb gets the more complex it becomes to operate as a business.  In particular I am furious about how they opt hosts into promotional discount on new listings and make it VERY VERY obscure so that the host doesn't know why the their rate is one price but the booking on the new listing is much lower.  I lost $1,500 for a booking because I did not see that Airbnb opted me into a promotional rate on top of a discount I had already applied to the listing.  Bottom line- the new listing was snapped up in 32 hours because the rate was really cheap and I didn't know it.  So next time you add  listing make sure to turn off the promotional incentive on the Calendar page toward the top right hand corner.  Supposedly, when you create a new listing there is a page that asks you to OPT out of the promotional discount so if you miss it then go to the Calendar page and click on the Promotional button.

If that fails call them and INSIST they remove the promotion unless you want a deeper discount than the one you already gave.