SuperGuest - suggestions?

SuperGuest - suggestions?

Airbnb is beginning the process of creating a category of "SuperGuests."  I'm elated by this move by the company.  For years we have wanted airbnb to have a category for guests which allows hosts to verify a bit more about them and vet their history.  As not only hosts, but regular guests on the platform, we are super excited about this!

Here are some initial ideas we have about ways to earn "SuperGuest" status:

1.  Follow all rules of the host

2. Leave the apartment very clean

3. Strip all beds and put towels on the floor of the bathroom

4. Clean the dishes in the kitchen or place in the dishwasher and start the cycle

5. Only allow guests 2 cancellations less that 48 hours in advance of the reservation

6. Communication:  This is key.  

33 Replies 33

@Cor3, Money makes the world go round:) if they charge superguests slightly less, they get more reasonable people that will not provide damage claims. Everyone will be happy to pay less. And being super on top:) 

It sets a low bar when good behavior, common courtesy, being polite, awareness, respect, reading the description, cleaning up after oneself is considered something that is worthy of a reward.  It should be a norm. Airbnb should make it front and center as an expectation for guests not reward it as an outlier, the subtext for that being it is not expected or assumed.

Azzuri0
Level 5
Ubud, Indonesia

I want the Super Guest have exactly the same criteria like the Super Host
(10 revies minimum) and  miniumum 4.8 rating. Also I would like an option for hosts if they wish to give a discount in the amount whatever they want the Super Guests.

Eileen399
Level 2
Oak Lawn, IL

just came across this after my most recent guests checked out and believe me when I say they were the epitome of “Super Guests” and through all their other reviews it’s obvious we are not the first hosts to think this about them. I agree with so much of what so many of you have mentioned in this thread, we too prefer to strip the beds in order to see if we need to use any stains treatment before washing (easier to notice when on the beds especially with the king bed) also we don’t like our washing machine overloaded, our first guests washed all their towels folded and put them back (thankfully I am a bit of a perfectionist about folding a certain way and I began to unfold them and noticed the detergent was still on most of the towels, they must have put it on the wrong setting like extra small load  instead of X-Large load? Any how we also use baking soda, vinegar and borax in our towels to ensure extra clean and sanitized towels for our next guests. Agree strongly with the suggestion that when booking,  guests should have to check a box stating the have read and agreed to all house rules, I was told this is our legally binding contract with the guest and once they book with us whether or not they bother to read “them” they are legally enforceable . (?) Thanks to all of you for sharing, so comforting to see similar as well as different thoughts and opinions, what a wonderful and thoughtful community of hosts here!