The problem with the host

The problem with the host

Hello all,

I need an advice in a very weird situation.

On my last trip with AirBnb I have got a very unpleasant review from my host about leaving a very dirty room.

I completely disagree with this review, yet I missed 14 days review  period, because immediately after returning from this trip I went on another, very intense, business trip.

So, when I come back, I wrote to my host, asking them very politely what was wrong with the room, and even suggesting to pay extra cleaning fee if there indeed was something wrong (which I doubt). I never got any answer, and I am stuck with this unpleasant review on my profile, that is going to influence my future potential hosts very badly. 

What else could I do to resolve this issue?

Thanks,

Olga

7 Replies 7
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Olga136

There is nothing you can do.  The host thinks you left a mess and that is his honest opinion.  

Maybe he was not clear enough in his house rules, but the best way always is to read the instructions on how to leave the apartment on departure carefully.  No instructions, you leave the place neat and tidy, do the dishes, take out the garbage etc.  Like if you were staying with friends.  

But that is exactly what I did: took out all the garbage, washed all the dishes, even cleaned the floor. I honestly do not know what was the problem, I would like to know, I would like to compensate the host for any possible inconvenience that I have made (if I have made)/

I am a very scrupulous person, it really hurts me to have this review on my profile, especially as I think there was a mistake on the host's side and they have thought of another apartment.

@Olga136

If the host is unresponsive, I suggest you contact airbnb for assistance.  It is hard for forum hosts to guess what is going on inside the head of this host.  

Take a look at reviews he has left for other guests.  Most are very positive, but I did see a "no comment" one.  

Thanks for your assistance

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Marit-Anne0

Wow, that was a swift outcome....Olgas profile has been removed...the old 404 error code!

Is this trying to tell us something? 

Cheers.....Rob

@Robin4

Someone with muliple profiles and multiple less than flattering reviews perhaps ?

@Marit-Anne0

That's a possibility. Or another option is that Airbnb was not resposive and probably decided to make another profile than to live with a bad review. Guests have the possibility to request Airbnb to remove a bad review if it's too personal or emotional. 

For both guests and hosts it is really important to make the time to leave a review and both hosts and guests have the option to actually reply to the review to give your side of the story.