Total pay out differed between Guest and Host side, please help!

Amilus0
Level 1
Paris, France

Total pay out differed between Guest and Host side, please help!

I just approved a reservation (now confirmed) today and the guests messaged me to ask for the 10% discount of more than one week stay.

I replied that the price has been discounted with the payout detail I received from Airbnb (1080 total amount),

however the guest says that the total payout shows on her side is 1240 instead of 1080.

Could someone please help me on this?

Thanks in advanced!

Amilus

5 Replies 5
Case0
Level 2
Cambridge, MA

That's a large discrepancy but I know there is usually a few dollars difference shown when there is a currency conversion...

Thanks! The currency exchange probably doesn't exisit in this case. Both me and the guests are in the same country using the same currency...

Marcus0
Level 10
Berlin, DE

From the advertised price Airbnb charges (adds) the guest an additional fee (varying up to 12% i understand)

From your advertised price Airbnb also charges you a service fee. (usually 3%)

The difference between the total price the guests sees and what your final payout works out is this commission difference.

So from these calculations what i see below is roughly correct.

That is my understanding as well- AirBnB doesn't charge ~$500 to list on their site, like VRBO for instance, but charges a service fee to guests of 6-12% (don't quote me on the figures). That is their revenue model.  

They do not show the host the service fee they are charging to the guest, so just know that the total / line items shown to you as a host do not match what is shown to the guests for exclusion of the service fee charged to the guest by AirBnB.

Marissa11
Level 1
Pretoria, South Africa

Hi, I also have the same issue with a guest.

I have sent a special offer and an addition amount is added to the quoted price on the guest's side.

The guest therefore won't accept the offer as it's not what we agreed on.

How can I still get the amount I want for the stay and keep the guest happy on the quoted price we agreed on?

This has not happened to me before.